• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Very Much Official 'Better than Munro' Thread

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Dan's irrational hatred of Murali Vijay pales in comparison to my (very much more rational) detestation for Colin Munro.

So here is a full list of every batsman of all time who is better than Colin Munro. Expect regular updates.

BETTER THAN MUNRO

1. Tom Latham
2. Martin Guptill
3. Hamish Rutherford
4. Kane Williamson
5. Ross Taylor
6. Brendon McCullum
7. Corey Anderson
8. Jimmy Neesham
9. BJ Watling
10. Luke Ronchi (okay, I retract that)
11. Jeet Raval
12. Dean Brownlie
13. Abul Hasan

[note: after 13 my reviling of the man got too much, so I'm stopping to cool down]

Riggins

International Captain
You join up just to post this rant in the testing forum? Thoroughly impressive if so.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Dan's irrational hatred of Murali Vijay pales in comparison to my (very much more rational) detestation for Colin Munro.

So here is a full list of every batsman of all time who is better than Colin Munro. Expect regular updates.

BETTER THAN MUNRO

1. Tom Latham
2. Martin Guptill
3. Hamish Rutherford
4. Kane Williamson
5. Ross Taylor
6. Brendon McCullum
7. Corey Anderson
8. Jimmy Neesham
9. BJ Watling
10. Luke Ronchi (okay, I retract that)
11. Jeet Raval
12. Dean Brownlie
13. Abul Hasan

[note: after 13 my reviling of the man got too much, so I'm stopping to cool down]
Magnificent post.

He does have a small but loyal following around here so be ready for some comebacks.

My personal view is that he has no business playing test match or even fc cricket*. But that we should groom his bowling to turn him into an all rounder for T20 and possibly ODIs.

* Yes I realise he has gunned it. I think anyone can who has enough self belief in Plunket Shield. Gareth Hopkins averaged 60 one year.

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
His following tend to have the same IQ as Munro himself, so shouldn't prove an issue. Agree in t20, an excellent filthy, mindless slogger.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
His following tend to have the same IQ as Munro himself, so shouldn't prove an issue. Agree in t20, an excellent filthy, mindless slogger.
Munro recently starred in a pop video. I wonder if I can find the clip Kippax posted.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How does OP only have 1 post in his statistics even though he's made 3 posts in this thread itself? What sorcery is this?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it counted. Interesting. Now I know why people post in the testing forum. Nice way to get your likes/post ratio up

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
if self belief sent balls sailing over the boundary rope why didn't richardson score faster
I don't get your question Albi. I didn't mention scoring rates.

Also don't read too much into my opinion - I do believe it at some level but havn't drawn it out properly or qualified it as this is the testing forum.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
I don't get your question Albi. I didn't mention scoring rates.

Also don't read too much into my opinion - I do believe it at some level but havn't drawn it out properly or qualified it as this is the testing forum.
i mean self belief gets you runs at club level, but being able to consistenly hit sixes in top level cricket takes something that most people will never have. Munro is freakishly talented even if you don't rate him.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
i mean self belief gets you runs at club level, but being able to consistenly hit sixes in top level cricket takes something that most people will never have. Munro is freakishly talented even if you don't rate him.
Why is this thread about me...I didn't start it.

DVMace09

Cricket Spectator
Old fart can't do much these days. Although him pushing that activist off the stage was terrific

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Don't even know who Colin Munro is. Had to google him. Has such a bland look. Reminded me of flat bread.