• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should trolling be taught to young posters?

Howe_zat

Audio File
If we teach our young posters to be more familiar with trolling then they wouldn't play it so badly when they progress to international foruming.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm thinking more in terms of counter-trolling policy tbh.

We all know trolls are irrational and hate our FREEDOM, so we'd better invade and take them all out before they develop Weapons of Mass Trolling to take them out pre-emptively.

I call this strategy "Operation Sledger Freedom", and recommend the extended use of Atmospheric Forum Strikes. There may be some collateral damage, but if they're associating with trolls or look like trolls, is it really that big a loss anyway?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Up to 15% of the post should be allowed for trolling because apparently everyone (except Sledger) trolls up to 15% per post on average.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Up to 15% of the post should be allowed for trolling because apparently everyone (except Sledger) trolls up to 15% per post on average.
I have breached the 15% rule on occasions, but haven't been reported. If I was Sri Lankan on the other hand, I suspect I'd have been up before the beak by now.

watson

Banned
I don't like sledger's new avatar at all because it's too yellow. I want the green crocodile thing back.

Riggins

International Captain
It should be allowed because it's too easy to troll when in a match thread and then change your posting style to be within the accepted limits under scrutiny.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If trolling was never legalised then who would have the highest post count of all time?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I made a handful troll posts on Planetcricket back in 08-09 and they are always brought up as evidence I couldn't hack it in gamer-friendly forums. :(