• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question on ban announcements

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SpinToLose - the most widely predicted ban for a new poster ever?

Also, I note TNT is banned atm. How long and what for, please.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
So in my humble opinion, spintolose is your classic example of a poster who is not worth ****ing around with the "process"

He'll come back after a week, stink the joint up some more and cop a slightly longer ban......rinse and repeat for the next god knows how long.

Just save us all the hassle and dish out the perma straight away. No it's not fair.......but is it the best action for the site? Yes imo.

cnerd123

likes this
The process is important because mods are human and can make poor decisions, while the forum itself suffers from mob mentality on many an occasion.

The process is fine and it works. Take the opportunity to rake in the easy likes at the ****** posters' expense imo.

Burgey

The process is important because mods are human and can make poor decisions, while the forum itself suffers from mob mentality on many an occasion.

The process is fine and it works. Take the opportunity to rake in the easy likes at the ****** posters' expense imo.
I've been doing this with you since December 2009 tbh.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

As has been said many times when you lose a CW gem like Jono because it takes you years to ban a racist pos like Watson, then no........the process doesn't work.

cnerd123

likes this
As has been said many times when you lose a CW gem like Jono because it takes you years to ban a racist pos like Watson, then no........the process doesn't work.
Yea I mean I stay out of the politics cesspool so have no idea how the mods dealt with Watson and why that drove away Jono.

Reckon the mods should email Jono with a formal apology to bring him back

the big bambino

International Captain
I don't go to the politics thread much as there are better places to go for news and better things to do. Its a cricket site after all and thats what I tend to read. So on that basis I miss watson more than jono whom can barely remember let alone miss. Watson made some great cricket posts and his impressions of some greats threads was particularly good. He was a good poster, in a cricket sense at least, and that is justification enough for him to have been treated fairly by the process rather than be summarily dismissed.

OverratedSanity

He was given an inordinately long rope.

Literally at the same time the mods were apparently letting Watson do his thing, other posters were getting infractions and bans for trivial nonsense. I remember when Watson made a particularly disgusting post in the politics thread, me, hb and ***** were doing some quality gambhiring in cc and the mods were having a waaah about how much we were stinking up the thread and making posting miserable for everyone (which is accurate) while Watson's trash was on full display for the world to see and no one saying a word. Complete joke. That the handling only led to one great poster leaving and not many more is fortunate.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't go to the politics thread much as there are better places to go for news and better things to do. Its a cricket site after all and thats what I tend to read. So on that basis I miss watson more than jono whom can barely remember let alone miss. Watson made some great cricket posts and his impressions of some greats threads was particularly good. He was a good poster, in a cricket sense at least, and that is justification enough for him to have been treated fairly by the process rather than be summarily dismissed.
No. Just because you don't recall him Jono was quite possibly the single best poster on this site and it's a disgrace that he felt he had to leave because we took a soft approach to a racist scumbag.......being a good contributer to CC (which I do agree he was) does not exonerate him from the filth he posted elsewhere

We have a very diverse membership base here from all over the world. There absolutely should be a zero tolerance approach to racism.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea I mean I stay out of the politics cesspool so have no idea how the mods dealt with Watson and why that drove away Jono.

Reckon the mods should email Jono with a formal apology to bring him back
Firstly I don't think the issue is the mods I think it's the process that they have to work within.

Second, how can you ask them to appologise when you support the system that led to this situation?

cnerd123

likes this
I wouldn't argue that CW should prioritize the cricket-based forums over the rest. I mean, I prioritize the cricket discussion over anything else that happens here, but this place means different things to different people, and if you're going to attract such a wide range of posters to the site, you need to keep all the other aspects of the site healthy.

I do agree that watson was a good contributor in CC, but that shouldn't be justification for poor posting in other parts of the site.

Firstly I don't think the issue is the mods I think it's the process that they have to work within.

Second, how can you ask them to appologise when you support the system that led to this situation?
It sounds like watson was being clearly openly racist and the mods just dilly dallied? That's different from letting a poor poster have multiple opportunities to redeem themselves.

They've hit other posters who have made racist/homophobic/***ist remarks with bans pretty quickly in the past. Atleast from what i've seen. I don't think there is a process problem. But idk anything about the watson situation so unless someone wants to explain the details of it to me i'm gonna back out of this one.

Last edited:

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He was given an inordinately long rope.

Literally at the same time the mods were apparently letting Watson do his thing, other posters were getting infractions and bans for trivial nonsense. I remember when Watson made a particularly disgusting post in the politics thread, me, hb and ***** were doing some quality gambhiring in cc and the mods were having a waaah about how much we were stinking up the thread and making posting miserable for everyone (which is accurate) while Watson's trash was on full display for the world to see and no one saying a word. Complete joke. That the handling only led to one great poster leaving and not many more is fortunate.
This would easily be handled if you just made me a mod tbh

Burgey

No. Just because you don't recall him Jono was quite possibly the single best poster on this site and it's a disgrace that he felt he had to leave because we took a soft approach to a racist scumbag.......being a good contributer to CC (which I do agree he was) does not exonerate him from the filth he posted elsewhere

We have a very diverse membership base here from all over the world. There absolutely should be a zero tolerance approach to racism.
Second, plainly.

vcs

Jono was great. Tennis thread is mostly a desolate wasteland now that he's gone.

cnerd123

likes this
Second, plainly.
yea i agree

Howe_zat has secured his place as the best this site has to offer, what with two strong showings in the BOTM, the CW Lexicon, the CW Podcast, the CW Commentary, and the 'never rains in England in June meme'. Plus he's an allround good guy.