• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Forum Outage - Tomorrow!

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's because your phone display isn't wide enough; the buttons that are right-aligned are over-lapping with the ones that are left-aligned.
Hmm, that's strange. I have the Galaxy S2 which has one of the wider screens out there on the smart phone market. I would expect the display on it to be wide enough. Not that you're an android techie, but do you think there's a setting on the phone I can adjust to fix this problem?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmm, that's strange. I have the Galaxy S2 which has one of the wider screens out there on the smart phone market. I would expect the display on it to be wide enough. Not that you're an android techie, but do you think there's a setting on the phone I can adjust to fix this problem?
I wouldn't have a clue. :p

You'd be looking at something that gives you a higher resolution, or a lower zoom. I can recreate the effect you're talking on my PC about by putting the zoom on Google Chrome up to 200%, so if you can reduce the zoom enough on your phone then it won't happen anymore.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for all the most recent feedback guys - keep it coming. I won't have the time to make anymore changes tonight sorry, but I'll get onto it tomorrow evening.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Are you using the stock browser?

BeeGee

International Captain
I wouldn't have a clue. :p

You'd be looking at something that gives you a higher resolution, or a lower zoom. I can recreate the effect you're talking on my PC about by putting the zoom on Google Chrome up to 200%, so if you can reduce the zoom enough on your phone then it won't happen anymore.
PEWS, add the following line of CSS code to your CSS file that contains the .above_body class:

min-width:1060px;

That will fix all of your header menu wrapping issues.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there an option to change your time display to 24 hours, so that this post shows as having been posted at 20:33, not 8:33pm?
There is a way to change this but not on a per user basis, and from past experiences some people seem to have issues understanding the 24 hour clock.

James

Cricket Web Owner
PEWS, add the following line of CSS code to your CSS file that contains the .above_body class:

min-width:1060px;

That will fix all of your header menu wrapping issues.
Thanks BeeGee - have done this.

Fusion - can you re-test?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there a 'User Control Panel' equivalent on the mobile skin? I'd really like to only see my subscribed threads, there's a reason I subscribe to the buggers.

Have to say the upgrade seems mostly good, though some more constrasts between posts and sigs would be nice.
I've asked, will see what vbulletin come back with.

James

Cricket Web Owner
One thing the mobile site could do with, though it might be there and I haven't worked it out, is a refresh icon at the bottom of the page. I dunno if it can be done, but with a lot of sites on an iPhone, you have to scroll to the top of the page to refresh it.
You can tap where the clock is to automatically scroll to the top instead of using your finger and flipping up through the entire page.

People mention through Google as well that
Opera Mini for iPhone has better browsing features and does this so you could also try that.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Is there a 'User Control Panel' equivalent on the mobile skin? I'd really like to only see my subscribed threads, there's a reason I subscribe to the buggers.

Have to say the upgrade seems mostly good, though some more constrasts between posts and sigs would be nice.
As far as I can see, there's actually no way to view your subscribed threads at all on the mobile skin.

There's actually a grey line between the posts and the sigs, but James made the post background grey so it'd be less harsh on the eyes (and it worked well) so the line is almost invisible. Needs to be changed to black or something, but I have no idea where to actually do that in VB4 styles so James will have to go poking around looking for it. :p
Done, is now black. How is that guys?