• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Book Project

James

Cricket Web Owner
We are pleased to announce an exciting project that is being undertaken by a Cricket Web Project Team in conjunction with Quiller Publishing to release a book containing what we consider to be some of the best Cricket Web Forum threads over the years.

The following threads have been chosen to be included as a part of this book:

You know you are obsessed with cricket when...
What's the worst way to be dismissed?
Your weirdest backyard rule?
Pick one former player to add to your current Test team
If Bradman played in today's era?
Cricketers who changed the way the game was played
Players who you thought wouldn’t make it.............
The greatest all-rounder of all time
Who is the second greatest leg spinner ever?

Everyone who has posted in these threads and not had their post excluded as a part of the editing will receive an email with further details over the next 24-48 hours.

This is a very exciting project for the site and should provide great publicity for us moving forward. We'll continue to update this thread with details as the book moves closer to a release :)

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds awesome. I can't click on the links though - well I can but I get an unauthorized access message.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah James linked to the versions we copied to another subforum for editing etc instead of the Cricket Chat ones; I'll edit his post for him.

EDIT: He's noticed it himself and is fixing it. :p

James

Cricket Web Owner
There was a lot of consideration given towards Tour Threads, but it was decided against it in the end due to word limits.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The following email was sent to all the members involved with the threads listed in the first post.

Hi [Member Name],

We are emailing you regarding an exciting project that is being undertaken by a Cricket Web Project Team in conjunction with Quiller Publishing to release a book containing what we consider to be some of the best Cricket Web Forum threads over the years.

Some of the threads we've chosen are the [Thread Name(s)] threads that you have contributed to. The purpose of this email is to give you an opportunity to express whether you mind your forum username being used alongside your posts that form a part of these threads.

Due to the number of members that will be referenced in the book, we are working on an opt-out basis. If you do not want your forum username to be used in the book, please let us know and we will use a generic name instead.

Please do let us know by 28 November - in the event that we do not hear from you by this date, we will go ahead and include your post(s) along with your forum username.

Thank you in advance and keep an eye out for book release details on the site in the new year.

Kind Regards,
Cricket Web Team
However, the email bounced from the following people. If anyone in this list wants to recieve the email, please contact me at cricketweb@gmail.com

Thanks!

12th Man
33/3from3.3
99*
a massive zebra
age_master
alternative
andmark
Andrew Pollock
anzac
Behlol
Briony
burr
Butterteeth
Chris Riddell
chris.hinton
Damo
Deja moo
Engle
FRAZ
Goughy
haroon510
hindleyite
inbox24
Indipper
Isura
James_W
Jamee999
James90
jamespurs
JohnFudz
Julian87
Kimbo
kiwiviktor81
Leslie1
Lillian Thomson
Link
marc71178
mat
Matt79
mdunn27
membersstand
mikaelnorm
Mr. P
Neil Pickup
Nutter
opener
Perm
PhoenixFire
Phositis
Piper
prossj
Pup Clarke
pup11
Right arm fast
robinjr
rory2812
roseboy64
Salamuddin
sanga1337
SIX AND OUT
slugger
social
spinwiz95
Stumped
The Foxtrot
theoneandonly
Tomm NCCC
Tony
Treeny
TT Boy
vic_orthdox
wellAlbidarned
wpdavid
Xuhaib

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am happy that my posts in those threads are representative of my views. Laughing at Athers getting run out on 99 being a particular highlight.

My only disappointment is that there is no mention of Mike Garnham in any of my posts.

As an aside - what will you do with posts that consist only of smilies or photographs not taken by the poster in question?