• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

search frustrations

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I find the "this term is too common and has been excluded from the search results" function frustrating...I was trying to bump the "best looking cricketer" thread - but best and looking are common words so you can't actually find the thread through searching.

You should be able to search for any search term you want.

edit - not really sure if that is the name of the thread or not.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah search function on CW is rubbish.

Also, can we reduce the time between posts from 30 seconds to 15 seconds?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I wanted to re-read it for a start. My memory of it was that people started listing their favourite player as being good looking regardless of whether he scrubs up good or not. So I think Tendulkar got quite a few votes as did Viv Richards neither of whom I consider good looking.

All of this was prompted by some comment in a thread about whether some Aussie player was good looking or not that I read 25 minutes ago - so it reminded me.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I find the "this term is too common and has been excluded from the search results" function frustrating...I was trying to bump the "best looking cricketer" thread - but best and looking are common words so you can't actually find the thread through searching.

You should be able to search for any search term you want.

edit - not really sure if that is the name of the thread or not.
As AdamC said, try using the Google Site Search on the frontpage of the site.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If you go to Google and do a search for Cricketweb "best lookings cricketers" you get this thread which was closed after 5 pages by someone I've never heard of. Good to see some things never change.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There was once a thread which I'm pretty sure wasn't deleted, entitled "Cricketers you want to see die", or something like that. The OP's only contribution to said thread was "Murli", mispelt and all.

I have attempted to track down this thread for many moons now, but so far have been unable. Help?