• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Request

Craig

World Traveller
Since soccer/football is a popular sport amongest us posters, could I please ask that we set up a soccer forum so we can discuss it.

We have for the RWC, so why not I thought for a soccer one?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Although i do love soccer, we are named Cricketweb, and that is what we should stick to. There is an off topic forum, that should be good enough.:) The RWC forum is only for the cup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I must agree - we only have a few threads, and they die for weeks on end, so keep it as is IMO.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maybe have a sports froum by itself, a lot of the topics in off topic are about sport anyway.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
NO! This is a cricket site! There would be heaps of posts if we started one of those forums, and we'd end up like NX Sports. If you want other sports go there.

Cloete

International Captain
Mr. Ponting said:
NO! This is a cricket site! There would be heaps of posts if we started one of those forums, and we'd end up like NX Sports. If you want other sports go there.
settle down.... it's just a suggestion.

and a good suggestion at that IMO

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your suggestion Craig :)

I don't think we really have the need for a soccer forum at the moment. This may well change but we'll always have a seperate forum for any major sporting competitions that occur, i.e. Euro 2004.

Craig

World Traveller
Well I do think Broncoman's idea of a general sports forum seems to have a lo of merit.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Later down the track quite possibly but for the moment I think the Off Topic forum does the trick nicely :)