• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Become a Cricket Web Forum Moderator

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
On a more serious note, the senior members should apply. You sometimes take a lot of flak but you have a say in policy and it's worth it IMO.
I would apply but I was recently fired from the staff for naughty posts
-

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Think I was fired because I stopped responding to James' emails. Turned out they were being picked up by my spam filter so I never read them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Saw your name in Berita when I was adding some users, when were you on the staff?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Back in the good old days Before GIMH. Reminds me, I should check my junk mail.

You have thirty minutes to move your car.
You have ten minutes.
Your car has been impounded.
Your car has been crushed into a cube.
You have thirty minutes to move your cube.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
On a more serious note, the senior members should apply. You sometimes take a lot of flak but you have a say in policy and it's worth it IMO.
If that's the only criteria I'd like to throw my cap into the mix for consideration.

I've always responded to James' repeated pleas for moderators but I've never received a reply. I presume Fusion and Candy will nominate me or resign in utter protest

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think an overhaul is needed. Stick me, sledger, got spin, Furball as mods and sack the rest. Maybe let Cevno or Bun join us in the interest of fairness.

I think we can all agree the forum would be a better place

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If that's the only criteria I'd like to throw my cap into the mix for consideration.

I've always responded to James' repeated pleas for moderators but I've never received a reply. I presume Fusion and Candy will nominate me or resign in utter protest
Generally the criteria tends to be several things, 1) member should know and have contributed positively to the site, 2) should generally be in 'good standing', and 3) should provide coverage for the times we're looking for (if that is an issue - sometimes we need people to provide some coverage during times when few/no moderators are on).

At least that's what we used when I was moderating - I'm sure it'll similar that way.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd agree with one stipulation. Pratters is allowed back so one of us can personally perma him again

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Generally the criteria tends to be several things, 1) member should know and have contributed positively to the site, 2) should generally be in 'good standing', and 3) should provide coverage for the times we're looking for (if that is an issue - sometimes we need people to provide some coverage during times when few/no moderators are on).

At least that's what we used when I was moderating - I'm sure it'll similar that way.
1. Yeah I think I cover this. See my Bad Blood thread. Would have cleared the air IMO

2. See GIMHs recommendation above

3. I'm on at odd hours sometimes.

Also, I noticed that you said 'we'. Are you getting re-promoted by chance?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Hing style

1. Yes, contributed heaps 08-11
2. Am still in BOTM
3. If never off this site.

When do I start?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be quite happy to lend my support to a more reputable member. In saying that, I'm quite keen on setting up a puppet regime of moderators, weilding power from behind the scenes.

I'll be like Scar in the Lion King. Pushing Andy away from the global moderator position into my horde of Hyenas (GIMH clones)

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Would probably try applying just for the heck of it but don't think my ego can take the inevitable rejection itbt. :p