• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Viewing Cricketweb from a Mobile Device

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
James, it would be great if you could look into this as well in spare time. Doesn't mean that much but does add to the site.

James

Cricket Web Owner
There are a few mods I've seen for vbulletin that could be implemented that could achieve this but they're all in Beta stage and have bugs with them, so I'd rather not implement them at this stage.

James

Cricket Web Owner
No worrries.

vBulletin 4.0 is just around the corner so we'll see what happens there :)

Jakester1288

International Regular
Just wondering, has that come out yet or will it? I just bought a webslider, and I'm going to be switching to a plan with free internet, and if I'm extremely bored, I think I'll come onto CW from time to time. But if it's hard to browse, it doesn't really appeal to mobile phone visitors.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's doable on the Bold, but it's not easy. Would be fine with the Bold's layout and a touchscreen for mine.

Although it's largely irrelevant in Jakester's case because his phone doesn't have 3G which will make it a pig to use for the internet anyway.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Theres a remedy for this problem, called the computer IIRC.

I find that disabling images on the phone browser works really well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Two forums I visit support vbulletin and look really good on the mobile. Also, Cricinfo has revamped it's main site for the mobile to make it very mobile friendly only last month. So we can look into that as well. These are not any thing urgent but certainly would be good to be fixed in the long run which I am sure James will try to do. It isn't really a problem but some thing which can improve the site a bit which we all strive for.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Two forums I visit support vbulletin and look really good on the mobile. Also, Cricinfo has revamped it's main site for the mobile to make it very mobile friendly only last month. So we can look into that as well. These are not any thing urgent but certainly would be good to be fixed in the long run which I am sure James will try to do. It isn't really a problem but some thing which can improve the site a bit which we all strive for.
It's something I definately want to do, but I don't want to make lots of customisations to the current forum with vBulletin 4.0 so close to release. It's only going to cause problems there with the upgrade and what is and isn't supported.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah, and that is the logical way to go about it IMO.
Might re-think it with the vBulletin news today.... 600% price increase on their product.

vBulletin official forums are going crazy and they're deleting customer threads/posts. Funny but sad.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CW looks fine on my iphone tbh. Wouldn't post on it unless I need to submit tips or something in before the deadline but reading and navigating is smooth enough.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Might re-think it with the vBulletin news today.... 600% price increase on their product.

vBulletin official forums are going crazy and they're deleting customer threads/posts. Funny but sad.
Wow, both of those things are absolutely horrible.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
James, try these two forums on a mobile device -

India Broadband Forum

BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

You will find that you don't have to navigate and it is as easy to use the site, post on the site from a mobile phone as it is with an internet browser. Cricketweb is okay for browsing but you wont do it often as you have to navigate and it is not good for posting from a mobile device.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just go on the web on a computer IMO
You know what they said when SMS technology came out?

"Why not just ring whoever you want to text?"

That reasoning can be used for almost any advancement.
Was going to say this myself, but thought it might be a bit harsh.

Isn't the purpose of alternate internet-access technology to view the same data via different means? Makes the whole thing a bit silly if we actually have to cater specifically for said technology IMO...
Heaps of websites have mobile friendly. Its courtesy for your customers.

Cricinfo has m.cricinfo.com. Facebook has a mobile site, Google, eBay as well etc.

Not like its uncommon. Its catering for your audience/market.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My friend who has the India Broadband Forum suggested using a mobile friendly theme which would be all you needed to do.