• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Performance Issues

James

Cricket Web Owner
I know a few of you will have experienced performance issues the past few days especially.

I've been looking into it with the hosts, and just wanted to make an announcement that some performance improvements have been made.

I'm keeping a very watchful eye over it all. Please let me know if you have any problems or notice any slow downs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't know if it's related, but occasionally when I reply to a thread I'm getting the "if you have opted to post a poll..." page that you normally only see when you start a new thread

James

Cricket Web Owner
I don't know if it's related, but occasionally when I reply to a thread I'm getting the "if you have opted to post a poll..." page that you normally only see when you start a new thread
That seems very strange, are you able to re-create it?

Yeah, marked improvement tonight.

Was getting really annoying until the change, too.
Good to here :)

I'll post a graph showing the load improvement tomorrow.

biased indian

International Coach
i have recived the same off late more than once as i have mentioned in another thread ....

know its the wrong thread...but didnt want to strat a new thread ..lately when i post from home i have noticed that when i clik the post button in QR window i get the message that you get when you post a new thread ...like if you have selcted a poll you will be taken to that page ....have this came for any one esle ???

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That seems very strange, are you able to re-create it?

Good to here :)

I'll post a graph showing the load improvement tomorrow.
I'll get a screenshot next time I see it - it's sporadic, but I've seen it every day over the past week

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hate to say it after immediately thinking :naughty: on seeing the thread title, but I've been having the same "performance issues" as GIMH. Don't know whether I'm just tired or stressed, but this never normally happens to me... :ph34r:

I've been getting the poll screen, and I've also had several instances where its taken forever to load after a post has been submitted, before taking me to the "must wait 30 seconds between posts" error screen. On those occasions, if I go to the thread, rather than hit submit again, sure enough my post is there, but there was no reason for it to try and post it twice.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks Matt.

If you could tell me how to re-produce it, that would be great. I can then follow up with vBulletin.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haven't seen it in the last 24 hours James but it has basically just randomly happened when I've replied to threads. Thinking about it it happens when using reply rather than quick reply IIRC

Jakester1288

International Regular
I haven't noticed any problems except a couple of times when the whole forums wouldn't load but niether would a fair few other sites as well, so I thought it was a browser problem. It could be a browser problem and CricketWeb problem?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haven't seen it in the last 24 hours James but it has basically just randomly happened when I've replied to threads. Thinking about it it happens when using reply rather than quick reply IIRC
Weird as I must be the only person on CW to use reply and never QR and post humungously often and I've not once had this. Dead-set odd.

Has been slow for me of late but I presume that's an issue here as I can't get my TIF directory to clear. :@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Once I started using QR I couldn't understand why I never did before, it's so much quicker

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You can hit Alt + S on any post. I never click the post buttons, always press alt + s. Annoys me when forums don't have said function.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes, might go to press Ctrl + V and will just instinctively press alt + S. do the same on Outlook, send all my emails by pressing Ctrl + Enter, as a result have sent a ton of blank mail over the years

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Once I started using QR I couldn't understand why I never did before, it's so much quicker
Well... the hint's in the name.

All that generally means for me is you have to wait that bit longer for the next post though. :D

Seriously, I've never been bothered about how quickly the reply screen takes to load, and using QR means you can't modify quotes (be it break stuff down or delete irrelevant parts).