• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Performance Issues

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Had couple of droputs earlier. Actually got some work done during those times so it's not all bad.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very slow loading around lunchtimes most days here. Just got timed out in fact before posting. Doesn't seem to happen at other times of the day.
The backup runs from 1pm to 1:12pm EST every-day except Thursday. Slow-downs are expected during that period.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Big time delays today when editing messages and when using quick reply.
Thanks for the alert.

The full server backup runs on a Thursday which backs up the whole server, so there are periods where the site will be a little slow. It should be here and there though, and shouldn't be constantly slow.

andyc

It could well be a problem at my end, but I've been having real trouble today. Pretty much every second page I go to times out, and then works again after I refresh once or twice. Doesn't seem to be happening on any other site though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sorry Andy, only caught this just now.

Are you still having problems? If so, can you go to the command prompt and type "tracert www.cricketweb.net" and post the results.

andyc

Seems to be running alright at the moment. Was probably just something at my end, will do the tracert thing if it keeps happening.

James

Cricket Web Owner
There was a spike in server load around the time of your post yes. Not sure what it was as I wasn't at the computer at the time.

Thanks for posting about it.