• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arrow to show you've posted in a thread previously

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Certain other inferior sites I occasionally post on that use v-bulletin have a graphic to show if you've already posted in a thread, usually in the form of an arrow.

I wondered if, for the benefits of people like me (forgetful egomaniacs, essentially), if something similar could be introduced on CW. When older threads are resurrected as often as not I can't remember if I given the benefit of my wisdom or not. Obviously I can find this out with the search feature, but I'm a lazy, lazy man. :p

So an arrow or something similar on the "flaming stumps" that show a hot topic would be a boon. Could this be considered, perhaps? :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I got around the lack of this by changing this option:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

.. to "no email notification".

Now I automatically subscribe to every thread I post in, but I don't get those pesky emails everytime someone replies. A tick appears on the right hand side of threads you've subscribed to.

It also means that when I first come online I can click on "User CP" to quickly see all the threads I've posted in which have new replies.

But yeah, I agree with the suggestion anyway.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Been here three years, with the setup PEWS describes, and have never once noticed that 'tick' before. :detective

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I sometimes use User CP to see which posts I've posted in because I have the emails switched off but don't remember seeing the tick on the main board screens. I think it's a good idea, I was bored yesterday and read through the IPL Criticisms thread and was surprised to see a bunch of rants from myself about the MK Dongs

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon there should be a little symbol if your post is from a mobile as well, as it helps explain some spelling issues when one is, let's say tired and emotional :ph34r:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The first place I go when I log on is 'User CP'. Then I browse the New Posts. I rarely miss a thread I want to be involved in.

biased indian

International Coach
know its the wrong post ...but didnt want to strat a new thread ..lately when i post from home i have noticed that when i clik the post button in QR window i get the message that you get when you post a new thread ...like if you have selcted a poll you will be taken to that page ....have this came for any one esle ???