• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Automerging post feature

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think an 'if broke, don't fix it' should apply here. The multiple replies in a row is related to posting style of certain members and not a forum problem at large. I don't think we should change the forum just because of a few members - unless you can set this up so it only applies to the certain members in question :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, GIMH's a fool...

Anyway, amusing as it is to see Richard get huffy and tad defensive at the idea, I'm against it. I found it very frustrating during my one brief dalliance over at Canada (Political Correctness - see what I did there, oh forget it) - which was back at the peak of the server interruptions a year ago, so no one call me traitor.

I think its a case of "if its not broke don't fix it" here. I'd prefer to see the monopolisation of some threads with long strings of uninterrupted posts by one member dealt with by an amendment to forum rules - something about it being poor forum ettiquette to do so - and then moderated by the mods, rather than enforced via software.

Hell, I'm upset at the moment by the new arcade icons under people's avatars, so its possible I'm just change resistant.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
amusing as it is to see Richard get huffy and tad defensive at the idea
:laugh: I just think it's a shocker. It wouldn't be all that difficult to get around via various techniques, same way the filter isn't, anyway.

Simply strikes me as a very poor idea with little to recommend it and plenty not to, for the reasons given. Nothing huffy, just disdainful.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Do it imo. Don't like editing old posts to add something new but if it did it automatically and noted it as addition rather than an edit it would be a good thing imo

biased indian

International Coach
is this the new feature where you can compare the difference in the edited post ..don't remember seeing it before ???

is it restricted to the person who done it only... means i can see only my editing ???

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, you can look back over the different edits that have been made over the post's history.

Also, informing you all that it looks as though the Automerging Post feature won't be utilised.

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, is it me or do the attachments open up far differently? As in nice black screen with the attachment on top (can still see CW in the background)

Maybe i just havent noticed it thoguh

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hmm, is it me or do the attachments open up far differently? As in nice black screen with the attachment on top (can still see CW in the background)

Maybe i just havent noticed it thoguh
Yeah, that's a new feature of the vBulletin upgrade we did.