• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Official" Explanation of cw-isms for new members

Status
Not open for further replies.

cover drive man

International Captain
I remember when I first came to this site and I didn't have a clue about most cw-isms this thread explains them all (anyone with any more is welcome to put them in)

AWTA- Agree With The Above
DWTA-Dissagree With The Above
wtf-Use you're imagination
ffs-see above
dire-lowest of the low
Itstl- Interesting to say the least.

Anymore I forgot some.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All part of becoming an experienced CW member is learning them. Most people figure them out soon enough.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
TBH you'd need to do about 50 threads of this nature. Acronyms\abbreviations are two-a-penny, even I couldn't possibly remember all of them and post a "key" (did one loosely in jest a little while ago, which amazingly enough some people took the wrong way 8-)). That's before we even consider all the "in-jokes" and other pieces of phraseology, not to mention the use of real-names.

There's no way to cover it all. As Perm said, people who want to pick the sort of stuff up that they need to pick up do so soon enough.

cover drive man

International Captain
Itbt- If truth be told
jest- didn't mean it
gun- good
cw-Cricket Web
mod-Moderator
die this has been used a few times but it's only a bit of fun say if I said I liked a particular song but someone else didn't they might post die. But best not to use this one to stay out of trouble. ;)
lmao-laughing my arse off (Btw cw didnt make that the same with lol and wtf and rofl)
lol-Laugh out loud
rofl-rolling on the floor laughing.

Matt79

Global Moderator
whoa whoa whoa:
in jest - means 'didn't mean it'??? I thought it meant to eat something, so at the end of comments it meant "eat it".

HeathDavisSpeed

There's no way to cover it all. As Perm said, people who want to pick the sort of stuff up that they need to pick up do so soon enough.
Acronyms are evil and you don't even need to know them anyway. The sort of contributions that are filled with acronyms are largely pointless anyone and add very little, so there's no need to bother, frankly.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Acronyms are evil and you don't even need to know them anyway. The sort of contributions that are filled with acronyms are largely pointless anyone and add very little, so there's no need to bother, frankly.
TBH, IMO that post was utterly ill-informed. FWIW, the likes of you are, UIMM, pre-prejudiced types who will do anything to speed your prejudices to the forefront. ITBT it is totally uncalled for, and anyone with any sense will DWTA, anyone who AWTA has no sense. In fact, it's ITSTL that anyone would even take the stand with such flimsy evidence.

Seriously - acryonms\abbreviations are vital shorthands and save God-knows-how-much typing time.

HeathDavisSpeed

Well, I understood your post above without the need for knowing any of those lazy, lazy acronyms. So there :p

And don't try and suggest that you don't have the time to type them out in full!!! 45,000 posts in two years of posting isn't it? ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
47-and-a-half thousand TBH. And it's more like 2-and-a-half years; I've actually been absent for a good proportion of my span.

Why'd'you think I can post so much? It'd take way, way longer if I had to waste another 20 seconds per post typing-out "to be honest" and other stuff in every single one. Abbreviations are essential.

BTW, isn't it about time you put this
back as your avatar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.