• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fiery

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooextracool

International Coach
Okay, I'll try not to post such dribble in future...but it has had over 1000 views so some people are obviously interested :unsure:

Seriously though, when I posted it I thought people would instantly recognise that it was because Hussey was 30 at debut and that he had made a zillion runs in 1st class cricket, so therefore age of debut, players rushed in too early, etc, etc could have been discussed.....I was a little surprised it took until the 59th post for someone to mention it....I guess CC is not what it used to be when I joined way back in 2006 ;)

Oh yeah, my 2 cents....seeing fiery banned is not a good move.....
Nothing against you personally, think you are a fairly knowledgable poster tbh. Threads like the one you created are necessary and good for cc, but i feel that cc is missing more posters that are able to challenge the norm. At the moment there is too much sameness to the forum IMO, that was all i was getting at.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Personally I think people who report posts are real sad cases. The only exception being if the person who is the subject of unprovoked abuse reports it themselves. Any third party reporting should be ignored as no one is in a position to be offended on someone elses behalf.

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jeez. My early debates with fiery through the Chappell Hadlee series are decided to make me hang around here.

Fiery fling a bit in my direction during the tournament but knowing how to wear it with a smile is the best part of a strong forum. Getting rid of the more colorful members can slow it right down.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The Rules

I do not see how the permanent banning of this member is justified in any way. And I am sure I am not the only one. I seriously believe the CW team should reconsider this rash decision, which in my opinion has come due to the pressure of certain CW members.

While the fact that Fiery has broken a few rules is not in dispute, I think the 'magnitude' of what he is doing to the forum is well overblown. Fiery is as his name suggests a 'fiery' individual, you either love him or you hate him, and there are many CWers who have done both (usually in the order of hating and then growing to like him).

He has thrown the occasional insult yes, but many of us have and his insults are never full of malice. If a person has a problem with a post he has made in their direction, than they should first address the problem to him. As I'm sure he would generally make his genuine intentions by the comment clearer, as I think many CWers who have grown to know him understand that he means no real harm.

Yet the main factor I see in this permanent ban is the long going feud between Fiery and Perm, surely this can be resolved in a more mature fashion. As I am sure both of them are fully capable of just holding their bloody tongues. Now Fiery has been warned more than a few times about his feuding with Perm, yet lately I feel Perm has been baiting him. Arguing with him for the sake of arguing than really to bring any constructive talk to CW, while Fiery should not have retaliated, I don't believe the punishment matches the crime.

They can ignore each other, or be made to ignore each other.

This is a well regarded member on CW and I think if we let him go we are making a grave mistake. Talking about demeaning forum atmosphere? I don't think its ever been as bad as it has been with the banning of Fiery.

I really hope the moderators reconsider this for the sake of CW and the members who like myself, like and respect Geoff.

In protest I will no longer post on CW until the ban is lifted. Without him I feel a lot of the life in the forum is lost.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Lets start at the first one shall we:
No insults - Don't insult people. Pretty straight-forward, that one. This includes insults directed towards both individuals and groups of people.
So, that covers roughly 1/3 of his posts...

In all seriousness, Fiery spent far too much time trying to wind people up and get a negative reaction out of them. This dates back pretty much ever since his reappearance to the forum. When not doing this, there was stuff to read of his that was enjoyable. But too much of his posts ruined the forum atmosphere, and despite numerous warnings, temporary bannings and even after that, further warnings, he still wasn't able to change his posting behaviour to the levels expected of CricketWeb members.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As Senior(in age) and a member of this forum I believe the thread question has been adequately answered by the banning of Fiery. Any organisation is only as good as the standard of it's members and some have shown their obvious immaturity by "reporting" other forummers.
For heavens sake this is NOT a schoolroom and "dobbing" in is definitely not on.
Emotions will always run high when discussion takes place and the immaturity of Perm in this particular case is obvious and I am certainly surprised by the attitude of Admin in imposing this ban.
The discussion here is becoming banal as Cw will slowly fade away should this continue.
Laugh all you want at this statement BUT in 12-18 months time come back to this thread and say"**** he was right".
Some members need a wake up call as to their worth to be even posting information here not being prepared to stand by their statements and when they cannot win a chook raffle let alone an argument on cricket, then they should take their bat and go home to mummy.
I'm sorry if this offends some people but in over 70 years of life I have found it best to speak the truth.
The bottom line is guys Wake up to yourselves.
Totally agree with you as always. The lack of maturity of some members here is staggering. What amazes me even more is that the immature ones are invariably those who demand the respect of us older people and who keep telling us that they shouldn't be judged on their age.

Frankly, I find the witchhunt which Perm was persuing Fiery - reporting everything he posted, constantly trying to get a rise from Fiery - absolutely despicable. Perm's gone about this quite a subtle way, but I find it hard to understand why he hasn't been censured for his continual jabbing away and thinly veiled attempts to get another member banned. This whole situation disgusts me. That Fiery didn't have enough sense to ignore Perm is even worse - but if you look through his posts you will see that he TRIED to use the ignore facility on Perm, but couldn't and Perm refused to use ignore on Fiery. Of course he would, how could he get Fiery banned if he was on ignore.

This whole situation is a total farce.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The report post feature exists for a purpose and it should be used. That's exactly why it exists.
although I wont mention a name, i've have several mods tell me on Msn that they dont bother checking the report post inbox because it just gets spammed with p0rn all the time.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
although I wont mention a name, i've have several mods tell me on Msn that they dont bother checking the report post inbox because it just gets spammed with p0rn all the time.
I know that for me, all the inappropriate material goes straight to my junk mail. It is the moderators address that gets all that spam, not the address with which we receive the reported posts.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Surprised none of the mods don't spend more time in the report post inbox. :dry:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
tbh wish athlai wouldnt dissapear, he is one of the more interesting people to talk to....not sure about fiery tbh, his dame edna avatar pissed me off.

on a side note, can i use this thread to request that reallycrazy's ban is lifted, and benchmark, athlai will continue to boycott the forum until they are reinstated, I have that on good authority.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Totally agree with you as always. The lack of maturity of some members here is staggering. What amazes me even more is that the immature ones are invariably those who demand the respect of us older people and who keep telling us that they shouldn't be judged on their age.

Frankly, I find the witchhunt which Perm was persuing Fiery - reporting everything he posted, constantly trying to get a rise from Fiery - absolutely despicable. Perm's gone about this quite a subtle way, but I find it hard to understand why he hasn't been censured for his continual jabbing away and thinly veiled attempts to get another member banned. This whole situation disgusts me. That Fiery didn't have enough sense to ignore Perm is even worse - but if you look through his posts you will see that he TRIED to use the ignore facility on Perm, but couldn't and Perm refused to use ignore on Fiery. Of course he would, how could he get Fiery banned if he was on ignore.

This whole situation is a total farce.
AWTA. You can't perm ban one idiot and let the other roam free.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I dont come on here much nowadays (Hooray i hear you all cry) but i have always enjoyed my visits on to this even when people are slagging me off

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
what does that mean?
Mod preview is where somebody's posts need to be confirmed by a moderator before they become visible to regular forum viewers. This way, they can continue to contribute as you moniter their progress.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
be a bit of an arse for a member who makes a lot of posts though, and an arse for the moderator that has to trawl through all of his/her posts each night or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.