• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Quote Alerts"

Langeveldt

Soutie
I was just thinking, it would be a good idea to have some sort of method to view posts of people that have just quoted you.. Obviously I have no idea what the constraints of the forum software are, but any thoughts?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmmm....

Wouldn't work terribly well when people like me are around, who just reply to messages without a quote if that message is at the end of the thread...

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm pretty sure it would take some work to get that arranged, probably not worth the effort.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
If it could happen, I reckon it'd be great. Somehow link it in with the "subscribed threads" page in the User CP.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hmmm....

Wouldn't work terribly well when people like me are around, who just reply to messages without a quote if that message is at the end of the thread...
You could obviously change your ways though, if such a system was implemented.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't know if I could, I pretty well instinctively just press the "Post Reply" button when a reply is last.

See?