• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"General Sports Forum

What do you think of the General Sporting Forum?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
Not a big fan of this inclusion to cricketweb, I'd far rather bump into sport and talk about it in Off Topic than have to go to a seperate forum.. Although it's nothing major, its a bit annoying.. Just wondering how many contributors are in agreeance with me..

Any chance of a referendum on the matter? Lets see how this poll goes..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was against it at first, but I think its a decent idea now.

In fact as I ranted the other day, I think its under-utilised in a way. Many subjects after a match rumble on for days. If people think its an important enough issue I think they should start a thread, leaving the continuity of the running threads.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I've noticed a major reduction in the posts in the 'sports thread' since the change, but in turn i've noticed a major increase in the discussion in the Off Topic Threads. IMO a lot of guys like Matteh for example who would contribute to these threads, don't anymore. But on the other hand guys that visit Off Topic a lot, but don't look past the first pages, post a lot more in various different threads, cus they aren't pushed to the 2nd page by 'sports thread.'

Not sure if that makes any sense, but i voted "I'd rather talk about other sport in "Off Topic" as i think there will be more activity. But i can understand, if regular users of Off Topic prefer the current set up.

andyc

I've gone into it twice, and made just the one post. So yeah, put it back in OT

Matteh

Actually i'm posting in there quite a bit at the moment, but that's because Scaly is being a tool and needs winding up.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah a lot of us who have been around for ages just don't really see the need to post in another forum, I often forget it exists, and am not sure what purpose it serves really.. But I feel the same about the Ashes subforum (surely thats to do with cricket chat?) and that's proved pretty popular

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Bit of a pain really. I'd rather just drop by in OT than feel I was entering a specific sport forum.

Perm

I quite like the General Sports Forum because alot of the threads that we talk about often get buried in OT, things like the Rugby and Rugby League thread don't get as much as attention as some of the ones in OT but now they have a seperate forum they don't usually get buried.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Perm said:
I quite like the General Sports Forum because alot of the threads that we talk about often get buried in OT, things like the Rugby and Rugby League thread don't get as much as attention as some of the ones in OT but now they have a seperate forum they don't usually get buried.
agree

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Perm said:
Meh, use "User CP" and you can find it pretty easily.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I like the way it is now, getting sick and tired of having tooo many football threads, hence this is a more simlistic approach.

Mister Wright

Doesn't really bother me. I just go to User Cp to find the threads I'm subscribed to and then go New Posts to find the new threads. I don't usually go into a forum as such.

oz_fan

International Regular
At first I thought it was a bad idea but I think so far it has worked out well. Once the NRL and AFL seasons start up again there will be a lot more activity in the sports thread.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I reckon it's good. I've never been to a forum where sports and general discussion are in the one forum, works much better this way.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I usually use the "New Posts" function, so it doesn't bother me much which forum things are in - however, I don't think anything was wrong with the way it used to be, really.