• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Server Move - Friday 12th July 2006: 11:30am New Zealand Time

FRAZ

International Captain
James said:
Is this since my post or before my post?
Happened yesterday because I edited my posts a few times in the past two days or so and things did not show up but I guess it is working now . I ll trry again and will let you know.
Thanks

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
From my experience sometimes certain threads just won't load for a short while, then all of a sudden they load perfectly normally, like just now with the Battrick thread - everything else loaded fine but it couldn't load the thread.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the WCC forum, I made a post in the thread I'd made, One Day Round 3 Reports, yet if you go here, it says it has 0 replies...

James

Cricket Web Owner
The backup script has been running since 1:30pm NZ time this afternoon, and it's finishing off at the moment....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Grr, now I can't access the last page of the "Battle of the Bowling" or whatever it is, thread. It just keeps on taking me to page 7.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Similar experience to superkingdave here.

I had some trouble loading the front page, so I decided to come to this thread and post about it. In clicking the 4 or so links to get here, I got two database error pages, one 404 type error page, and a couple of long stints of a couple of minutes of loading time. Took more than 5 minutes all up. Definite problems.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Having the same trouble as the two lads above though it usually takes me at least ten minutes to navigate from the home page to the log in screen, till finally the ability to post.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sorry guys, but it will ease up at the start of next month, as by then all the sites will be hosted on this server.

James

Cricket Web Owner
From our host re your comments earlier today:

Yeah, we've still got some last minute people moving in and things are still needing to settle in, as well. That last spike was just the update script on someone's VPS running at the wrong time because they had changed they're timezone. It was running in their nighttime, but almost everyone else's daytime. That chews up a lot of I/O's, so it causes slowdowns for everyone else. Unfortunately, disk speed is probably always going to be the bottleneck on these systems. We've got gobs of CPU time and memory, but disks can never seem to get fast enough.

Nonetheless, I'm going to move a VPS or two off of Bret to better spread out the I/O load. I've already contacted people and we'll get this done over the weekend. Should see improved speeds over the next couple days.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Re those of you who contacted me about large loads last night:

Another VPS moved over last night at the last minute, as the dedicated server they were planning to move to fell through. I've been working on some preparatory operations with their VPS in order to move it to another machine. I will be finishing that move later tonight and we will be back to normal for tomorrow.