• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in Pakistan

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
not the start England wanted, Collingwood now showed try & farm the strike and attack the bowling.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
He has a first-class average of 20 or so with a best score of 70-odd not out. Looks to be fairly competent. Uses the Ricky Ponting Kookabura bat.

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
How has Collingwood played? I gather from txt and radio he's playing and missing and edging quite a few runs. I hope he does well, not least bcos it would prove Boycott wrong. For one test match anyway :D

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
parttimer said:
How has Collingwood played? I gather from txt and radio he's playing and missing and edging quite a few runs. I hope he does well, not least bcos it would prove Boycott wrong. For one test match anyway :D
Well, remember that he is playing his second innings. He's doing alright - looks a bit iffy, but he always does. Still, I think he'll last a while yet.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
ClownSymonds said:
Plunkett playing and missing everything. He's just barely keeping his bat away from the ball and protecting his stumps.
Certainly sounds like he's having a lot of trouble - apparently five plays and misses in six balls. That's Shabbir-esque.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Could someone let us non-viewing audiences plse know what the pitch is like?? Is it a par 400 pitch like the previous game or not? Ta

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
zinzan12 said:
Could someone let us non-viewing audiences plse know what the pitch is like?? Is it a par 400 pitch like the previous game or not? Ta
It's hard to say. Seems like it will suit the English bowlers better than the other pitches, as it has better bounce, but it still seems easy enough to handle. After all, pretty much all of the wickets were gifted. No real bowled or LBWs.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Barney Rubble said:
Certainly sounds like he's having a lot of trouble - apparently five plays and misses in six balls. That's Shabbir-esque.
At least he's blocking balls on his stumps. Shabbir wasn't able to do anything at all.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
FINALLY.

Collingwood c Akmal b Akhtar
Collingwood c Akmal b Akhtar
Collingwood c Kaneria b Akhtar

Too bad only the last one counted. I'm very glad he didn't score a century.

parttimer said:
Averagely.

Got 96 in 3 innings.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Ahah. No longer do we have a monopoly on woeful shot selection!
You've got that right. That was as bad as Jones' sweep, if not worse. Perhaps England's 288 will be enough after all.