• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trolls and Moderation Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dravid

International Captain
Haha no. What people don't like is that he turns up only to post (basically) the same thing over and over with the intention of winding people up. Now I don't want him banned, but your post is just a pathetic attempt at ****-stirring.

Can't quite see how you see fit to sum up everyone's view on him either.
Yea, if the troll isnt annoying, then neither is anyone who keeps on saying ban Asif in the pakistan thread even though everyone gets it.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Uhh..how is he any different from you when you were going on and on about Raina ?
Surely you can tell the difference between JustTool and adharcric, mate. :huh: One's a valuable contributor to the site, and the other's pure troll.

IMO JustTool's really not that much of an issue anymore - he comes and posts his Tendulkar rant, then he doesn't seem to hang around long unless someone takes the bait. He used to be a lot worse, back around '04. Obviously turning 11 has mellowed him somewhat.

adharcric

International Coach
Uhh..how is he any different from you when you were going on and on about Raina ?
Show me where I labelled him a superstar before stirring up ****. I said he had potential and I still say that.
That said, you've accused me of hating Bengalis in the past after I criticized rioters in Calcutta ... obviously shouldn't take your accusations too seriously. 8-)

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Slow Love™;1054405 said:
Obviously turning 11 has mellowed him somewhat.
Haha yeah.

He really isn't that much of a nuisance to ban, although he is a clear troll. If he stuck around for longer I'd want him banned though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha yeah.

He really isn't that much of a nuisance to ban, although he is a clear troll. If he stuck around for longer I'd want him banned though.
Agreed, he is a slight annoyance as it is but if he stayed for long then a ban should be looked at.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Of course that does of course overlook that he might actually have a point, even if he's putting it over badly?

PY

International Coach
Haha no. What people don't like is that he turns up only to post (basically) the same thing over and over with the intention of winding people up. Now I don't want him banned, but your post is just a pathetic attempt at ****-stirring.

Can't quite see how you see fit to sum up everyone's view on him either.
Dasa = angry man recently. Discuss. :p

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Of course that does of course overlook that he might actually have a point, even if he's putting it over badly?
So what if he has a point? BLE (and his various incarnations) had some (sort of) valid points to make...didn't make him any less annoying, and it doesn't mean the manner in which the points were made were conducive to any meaningful discussion.
Dasa = angry man recently. Discuss. :p
Hahaha true. Thanks for noticing. :D I'd prefer 'Dasa = doesn't take any crap'. Still not as angry as Scaly yet I hope.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wouldn't that then be the story with every troll? So if he starts coming in here and saying Sachin sucks, and I agree with him, but no one else does and he's not willing to listen to listen to anyone else, and keeps on saying Sachin sucks, hes not a troll just because we don't agree with him?
How is he any different from Tendulkar fanatics like yourself who continue to tell us that there is nothing wrong with Tendulkar's batting everytime someone questions his batting? IMO Ipeople like you are much more annoying than JT . As long as JT doesn't attack forum members he is okay for me, he deserves to stay here.

Remember his rants are limited to Tendukar's batting, but tendulkar fanatics start calling him names as soon as he posts something and that includes posters like Jono as well.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Surely you can tell the difference between JustTool and adharcric, mate. :huh: One's a valuable contributor to the site, and the other's pure troll.
Adharcric is a valuable contributor when he is not talking about Raina. His Raina talks are muhc more annoying than JT's rants.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Show me where I labelled him a superstar before stirring up ****. I said he had potential and I still say that.
That said, you've accused me of hating Bengalis in the past after I criticized rioters in Calcutta ... obviously shouldn't take your accusations too seriously. 8-)

Good that you changed you signature "Raina is the next big thing" ...oh wait that's an accusation and you never had any such signature...Secondly I didn't accuse you of anything, I just told that you(and many others) were doing gross generalization when you talked about fans in Kolkata.

adharcric

International Coach
Good that you changed you signature "Raina is the next big thing" ...oh wait that's an accusation and you never had any such signature...Secondly I didn't accuse you of anything, I just told that you(and many others) were doing gross generalization when you talked about fans in Kolkata.
I did have that signature because I believed (and still do) that Raina has the potential to become a really good batsman for India. The reason I changed it from "Raina is the next big thing" to "Backing Raina, etc." is because he got dropped so the context changed. Really, the only time I've done anything beyond making a prediction is calling Raina a world-class fielder, which he is. That said, perhaps I misphrased a post or you misinterpreted it because nobody else seems to take issue with my views on Raina.

Regarding the latter, I criticized "the fans in Kolkata" because the idiot fans who were rioting at the time happened to be in Kolkata, not because the fans in Kolkata as a whole are idiots. In no way a generalization ... you don't seem to get it. Once again, for some reason you're the only one who takes offense with my claim.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Haha yeah.

Agreed. The fact that he only comes on once every two weeks on average makes it bearable.

Dravid

International Captain
Obviously you are missing the whole point.. I don't have a problem with him thinking that Tendulakr should be dropped...my problem is he says the same thing over and over again without caring what other people have to say. Like I said...if he's not a troll, then neither is anyone who keeps on posting Asif should be banned.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
How is he any different from Tendulkar fanatics like yourself who continue to tell us that there is nothing wrong with Tendulkar's batting everytime someone questions his batting? IMO Ipeople like you are much more annoying than JT . As long as JT doesn't attack forum members he is okay for me, he deserves to stay here.

Remember his rants are limited to Tendukar's batting, but tendulkar fanatics start calling him names as soon as he posts something and that includes posters like Jono as well.
Adharcric is a valuable contributor when he is not talking about Raina. His Raina talks are muhc more annoying than JT's rants.
Hahahahaha.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
nobody else seems to take issue with my views on Raina.

Once again, for some reason you're the only one who takes offense with my claim.
As I've said before - Sanz rarely lets the truth get in the way of a chance to go off one one at someone.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
'This guy Richard is like a tazmanian devil never letting go of some thing.' - BOB

James

Cricket Web Owner
If you've got a problem with a particular member(s), bring it up in a private way via email (james.nixon@cricketweb.net or moderators@cricketweb.net)

The constant negative posting towards certain members just isn't constructive at all.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.