• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updates silvousplait

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With good reason, too, I might add (I am, after all, Welsh, though you'd have noticed I do not speak with a Welsh accent on the 2006 meet-up).
You didn't appear to have any discernable accent tbh. I don't think i've cracked a sheep joke in front of a Welsh person whilst at Uni yet, a mate did in front of this girl and well he got dagger stares whilst i laughed at him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1,000 in a week. His name's Silentstriker.
Pah, pitiful.

I seem to recall I once managed 1,600-and-something in a week when things were really running hot and I had lots of time.

(NO, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I'M INIMITABLY PROUD OF, I AM JUST JOKING, SO DON'T START AGAIN MARC)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You didn't appear to have any discernable accent tbh.
I did my utmost to edit-out any trace of accent at 11 when I moved from Tyneside.
I don't think i've cracked a sheep joke in front of a Welsh person whilst at Uni yet, a mate did in front of this girl and well he got dagger stares whilst i laughed at him.
Don't blame they of the dagger-stares.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still glad I wasn't around otherwise the servers might have been unable to cope with the vitriol aimed at myself...

God, that benchmark was a pratt...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Out of the three, Simon's not online much now, Blewy's just had a kid and haven't seen much of Towns online the last couple of weeks.
The fact that you didn't even mention Kyle shows how much "moderating" he's done. Towns has dissapeared with the off season of the Dev League (like I said he would when he was made a mod).

Brendan, even before he had his kid, did barely a thing and Simon barely posts. But yeah, who needs active Global Moderators.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well I don't know about the being worse than anyone else but I personally think I'd have banned for life someone who said that to me.

I truly am amazed that Nath who has in my experience been a good guy 99.99% of the time would stoop so low as to say such an utterly stupid thing (though I admit I haven't read the stuff before that single post, which is why linking to posts is best done in the company of the entire thread).
At the time, Nath was trying to get himself banned to remove the temptation of using CricketWeb while he had exams on.

Matt79

Global Moderator
1,000 in a week. His name's Silentstriker.
Pah, pitiful.

I seem to recall I once managed 1,600-and-something in a week when things were really running hot and I had lots of time.

(NO, THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I'M INIMITABLY PROUD OF, I AM JUST JOKING, SO DON'T START AGAIN MARC)
To paraphrase Doctor Peter Venkman, oh we've got to get the two of you together!

Actually, no, that would be horrible! ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
At the time, Nath was trying to get himself banned to remove the temptation of using CricketWeb while he had exams on.
Oh. :confused:

I had that problem 30 months ago and, well, I just took a few days off and then found there were all those posts I hadn't replied to and numbered far too many to do so, so lost interest for a while... and that's happened a few times since. :)

Of course, for many the only conceivable reason for my first disappearence was the fact that Harmison was getting gifted good figures game after game... disregarding the fact that I returned when nothing had changed on that score, and that I would disappear again 5 more times.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
To be fair, I started being lame because I was angry at The Mark being banned. And then went on to "greater" things.