• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well done Blues well deserved 5Day Title there. Bad luck goes to Greeens you guys played wellall year.

As for the Blacks its great to finish off the season like that in a winning way and even better for myself because i got into some form :) lol bit late for that. Im dissapointed i missed the ton but 94 is still pretty good.

Well played boys, definatly a dissapinting 5Day season but we still got a small chance in OD so lets keep trying.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Argh. Very disappointed there with my bowling, and especially my batting efforts. Well done to Blue I guess.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well done to Blue, fully deserved the victory in the last match as well as the league, looking forward to locking horns again in the final.

Personally i'm disappointed in my FC season, i bowled tight most of the time but with very little penetration, hopefully next season i can address this.

We still have the OD games to come Greens, let’s finish the season off in style :).

dinu23

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well done Blues well deserved 5Day Title there. Bad luck goes to Greeens you guys played wellall year.

As for the Blacks its great to finish off the season like that in a winning way and even better for myself because i got into some form :) lol bit late for that. Im dissapointed i missed the ton but 94 is still pretty good.

Well played boys, definatly a dissapinting 5Day season but we still got a small chance in OD so lets keep trying.
we still have to play in the 5D finals to get the title.

anyways, what a season for Blue. It's great to see the team performing so well only in my second season. last season we were at the bottom of the 5D table, I think.

As Lupin in Commandos 2 would say: "What a team we've got!"

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Great stuff all round. Good rookie season from the Colts. Some great performances and looking foward to the next season. Congratulations to all the achievers out there so many to name that I won't even start :)

Edit: and the most memorable part of the season for me is the first match for the Colts..with Kyle and myself holding on to win :)

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wa-hu! What a win, surely one of our best ever. So many turning points where it could have gone either way. Pete and Sean were solid in the first innings, but the rest of us crumbled. I went all-out in the first innings, and bowled a few extras but made up for it with wickets, supported by clean catching. Our pace quartet really has been awesome. Well done Adam for getting Bharat when she looked like going on to get three-figures.
Our batting was awesome in the second innings, EVERYONE applied themselves to some extent, only Tom and I didn`t make double figures. Sean and Dylan were unlucky to not make 50s. And then the climax. Brilliant bowling from all, glad I could get the tail, and did we cheer when Sean caught Andy. Superb victory, couldn`t be more happy with my batting, bowling and fielding. Awesome to be around the wickets.
I think I`m a closet Englishman. Batting like Hoggard and bowling like Harmison :D
A deserved MOTM to Sean, with great batting and key wickets. He`s lead us well this season.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does anyone know exactly when the final will be simmed? (Im assuming it will be a live sim...) I certainly dont want to miss this one.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
good game for the lads, but what an awful game for me, and the end to a pretty abysmal season all in.
Onwards and hopefully upwards

dinu23

International Debutant
Prince EWS said:
Does anyone know exactly when the final will be simmed? (Im assuming it will be a live sim...) I certainly dont want to miss this one.
on the 5th i think.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Because you weren't threatening at the time, and if you look at the situation, you were brought on at 133/5. I then took you off at 171/5, when the chase got within 100 runs and both batsmen looked settled. The seamers got a couple of wickets and we were bacg into the game. To be honest at that stage, with less than 50 runs needed - in the crunch - I was far more confident in the seamers to take wickets (especially with the cloud cover). It's all situational, but trust that had you been in form, you'd have been a stronger candidate to bowl in the situation.
Fair enough - but 8 overs for 15 runs (even without a wicket) I'd have thought I'd have bowled a few more overs.

Anyway, we won, so the bowling changes clearly weren't to the detriment of the team!

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
good year for exp for the yellow colts (WTF? the greens have llimas) Hope we can make finals next year.

I suppose my tip was wrong by a country mile.......................................

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
at the Bellerive Oval

The Greens overcame a thunderous start by the Colts openers to complete a comfortable win, in a game where Andrew Garven starred with bat and ball.

Garven missed out on a maiden List-A hundred, but saw his team score 291 all out. He then took 3 Colts wickets, and saw his team win by 55 runs.

Jasotharan and Towns took 17 off the first over of the innings, and charged along to 84/0 after 10, but Hoy's superb 1st change spell swung things the way of Green. Garven and Weber then consolidated the break superbly, effectively eliminating Black from OD contention with a game to play.

CW Green 291 ao (48 overs)
CW Colts 236 ao (43.3 overs)

CW Green won by 55 runs
Man of the Match: AJ Garven

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CW Oval

In seaming conditions at the Oval, the Reds inserted CW Blue. The bowlers were solid for the most part, but equally solid batting from DeSilva and Fuller held the Blues together. Gaurav Nayak returned for a second spell and struck crucial blows for Red, and Blue reached 256/7.

The Red chase was off to an exciting start. Demeza had Stedman caught in the gully with the first ball, then bowled Markus off a noball with the very next delivery. He would soon be back in among the wickets though, as he trapped Bennett LBW, then had Dobson playing on two balls after - 47/3 and Red in trouble.

Ian Markus played as authoritatively as he could in the conditions, but found no steady partner, whilst Halsey and Collins strangled the middle order. This allowed Patrick and Fuller to reap cheap wickets at the tailend of the innings for easy victory.

CW Blue 256/7 (50 overs)
CW Red 180 ao (43 overs)

CW Blue won by 76 runs
Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Attachments