• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Gotta keep the bowling tight....can't afford to be chasing large scores!

At least I picked up my first OD wicket!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Bad lucky Blacks. We still in with a chance of a final appearance. Although it would be pretty slim odds to make it. Other results would have to fall our way.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Very nice win guys. Cloete, Crampton, Cribb... well batted, and Nath and Tom were very good with the ball. I dropped a catch and got run out in the last over, but can handle that. :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I dunno Sean... I feel like you didn`t quite contribute there. :D

Absolutey stoked with my bowling, I`ve been turd-ish with the ball of recent, especially in OD games, so I`m happy. Great to get Callum. But there`s not heaps to do when you put a score like that on the board, great work by EVERY batsman, thumbs-up to Sean, Rob and Andrew in particular. Maybe not De Silva though, couldn`t even get 50? Geez.

A big team effort, we did well with our catches in particular. Keep it up boys.

dinu23

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
I dunno Sean... I feel like you didn`t quite contribute there. :D

Absolutey stoked with my bowling, I`ve been turd-ish with the ball of recent, especially in OD games, so I`m happy. Great to get Callum. But there`s not heaps to do when you put a score like that on the board, great work by EVERY batsman, thumbs-up to Sean, Rob and Andrew in particular. Maybe not De Silva though, couldn`t even get 50? Geez.

A big team effort, we did well with our catches in particular. Keep it up boys.
yeah, really dissapointed. but atleast I got to bat. :p
and well done to the whole team. lets keep this up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All fit players are available for selection for matches on the 23rd. The following players have the option to opt of representing their club in favour of rest:

BJ Goff
NS Pickup
LA Camps

Liam Camps has stated that he will be available for selection to the Blue XI.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
All fit players are available for selection for matches on the 23rd. The following players have the option to opt of representing their club in favour of rest:

BJ Goff
NS Pickup
LA Camps

You what? The option to rest, surely. Not that I'll be doing so.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

BJ Goff
NS Pickup
LA Camps

Ill be playing...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So long as we have time to digest the results from that game before naming the next side, there's no problems.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at the PDV Dome

It was the Fitzsimmons of old, as he blazed a double hundred against the Colts, putting Jasotharan's earlier hundred in the shade, and orchestrating an innings win for Blue. Fitzsimmons and Young added a record 276 for the first wicket, and Young himself scored a fine ton.

The Blues took a healthy lead of 197 and headed back to the field. Mamesh and Burke were in rollicking form from the outset, but Collins removed them both in quick succession, and the Colts collapsed from 55/0 to defeat by an innings and 4 runs.

Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 358 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 555 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 193 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by an Innings and 4 runs.

Man of the Match: SG Fitzsimmons

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Red
at the SCG

Due a 4-wicket burst from Callum Thompson in the last session of the match, Cricket Web Red and Cricket Web Black played to a fairly evenly-matched draw. Rob Dauth's sensational ton led Red to a lead of 77 runs on first innings, then Nick Borcich and David Kennett shared 7 wickets as Black was all out for 197.

A small target of 121 seemed attainable at the outset, even with just 27 overs left in the match. Alas, the pressure applied by Callum Thompson denied any potential charge.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 357 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 434 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 40 for 5
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: CP Thompson

Attachments

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, that must surely be one of our best performances of the season. Brilliant batting from Simon and PY - incredible partnership to set up the match for us. Everyone bowled well, particularly considering how good the pitch was for batting. Well on our way to the FC title if we keep playing like that. Very happy with my performance on a personal note, 4-67, 2-21, and 20*.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm, if the batting had fired second time round, could have been tense, but a solid draw.

Kennett and Edmunds bowled the best first time.

ROB DAUTH! 184! What an innings, should have won us the match, but still an unforgetable knock. I batted quite well too.

Kennett, Borcich, Bennett all bowled well second time, not to bad from Edmunds either. Skittled them fine!

4th innings, we just collapsed, for only one of the top 5 to reach 4 runs is just pathetic, and if Steds and one of me and Rich had fallen would have left on the brink of losing while chasing 121.

Personally, Happy with my 47 first time, really had to grind it out, just 3 fours in 158 balls. Second time I just got in and made sure I didn't get out, 22 balls for my 3 runs. Nothing in the field.

GO REDS!!!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Should have had them there, Reds. Top stuff from Dauth, Ping, Ed, The Russian and Gray, though