• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Blue
at the PDV Dome

A commanding performance from OJ Cook couldn't take Black to victory, as time ran out with both teams poised.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 324 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 316 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 281 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 231 for 6
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: OJ Cook

Attachments

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great performance by Cook there, held us out single-handedly. Well batted, Pete, Andrew, Cribb and Wilshere though, solid team effort with the bat.

Loony BoB

International Captain
A big applause to Cook for his maiden FC 100. :) Great stuff, and I'm really glad to see you've capitalised on your opportunity in such a strong way.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
NZTailender said:
Damn, just couldn't finish it. Nice job Brown with 5 wickets and 72..:) and Hancocks 92.

I was far too expensive in that game..again :(
Lol thanks Greg, but you got three wickets, which is three more than I got :D

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Loony BoB said:
A big applause to Cook for his maiden FC 100. :) Great stuff, and I'm really glad to see you've capitalised on your opportunity in such a strong way.
Wouldn't you know it... :sleep:
But well done anyway! :D

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well done blacks.. managed to paly out the alst two matches for draws.. lets get back on the winniners board now :).. well batted cookie

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Demeza 21 off 16? Oh dear God...

Mighty pleased with the loan signing now, top effort from young Cook.
Luckily I made 22, I don't think I could cope with being outscored by Travis. ;) Interesting match with some good performances littered throughout, rubbish game personally though. We're still in second place I gather, need a few wins to get first spot before the end of the season.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LOL @ my batting this season, I can stay at the crease, but now Demeza is owning me. Eek. More of a concern is my bowling. I really need to focus and put in some quality, fast overs at the end of the season. When I`m not taking wickets, I`d like to be economical at least, but haven`t quite been able to do that. Ah well, I`m looking forward to rattling the batsmen with Trav to finish off this season.

Well done to Pete, Sean, Ben, Cloete (so close to three-figures) but mainly for mine, Robert. A huge second dig from him, not unlike Hayden of recent times. And a six! Well done mate. Well bowled Sean, and a good effort, let`s win every match hereafter.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
not a bad performance lads, just couldn't push it home in the end

nice to see i was given a couple of overs with the new ball in the first innings :p

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Pity we ran out of time looked like it would be a great finish and we probably would have already won were it not for Cook. Great stuff from Pete, Sean, Cloete, Cribb and Wilshere and of course a top knock from Trav.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the CWBCC Stadium

A wonderfully-struck innings from captain Mike Wilson stole the show and the game from Cricket Web Green, with a keen partnership with Josy in the Black chase.

CW Green 251/8 (50 overs)
CW Black 252/5 (49.4 overs)

CW Black won by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: CP Thompson

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the Bellerive Oval

A mature half-century at the top of the order from Jasotharan masterminded a well-paced chase, after Jack McNamara starred with the ball.

CW Red 216/9 (50 overs)
CW Colts 217/5 (45 overs)

CW Colts won by 5 wickets
Man of the Match: S Jasotharan

Attachments