• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Umm... hey? =P

How have we been going? And personally? I`ve checked a few of the scorecards from the last 36 pages and we the mighty Blues seem to be ripping it up.

i went away for a week and read through a similar number

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Woohoo, another good win Blue. Good to see Currie continuing to consolidate his place in the team, and a lot of good performances from the rest of the team as well. My worst match of the season on a personal note, but I'll take the win.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Another convicing team win. Good to see :)

Second motm for blaze in a row ;) Pushing hard for a permanent place in the team, competition is now fierce :D

Sitting nicely on top, well done boys :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
argh, not good enough Blacks, we bowled well in the first innings but the batting in our first innings then our inability to close our their second innnings was really costly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Green
at the SCG

Twin hundreds from Feeney and Malone destroyed the Black bowling attack, as Green reached a total of 311/6 and cruised to victory by 86 runs. The Black batsmen struggled to get going, starting with the dismissal of leading OD batsman, Ash Chaulk, for a duck.

Alex Blackman chipped in in the middle order to get some pride back to the score, and Kalmar and Richards went hard at the end, but the struggles in the early and middle innings were substantial.

CW Green 311/6 (50 overs)
CW Black 225 ao (49.1 overs)

CW Green won by 86 runs
Man of the Match: RJ Malone

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

Sean Bennett pounded his fist in the air, as he reached a maiden OD hundred amidst a record opening stand of 189 for the first wicket. The Reds climbed to 188/0 at the end of 40 overs, then collapsed dramatically to a mediocre 242/8.

The runs proved enough, however, as Bennett was again in the spotlight, dismissing the Colts topscorer, Das, and Jasotharan in the same over in a bizarre bit of scoring (not sure what that's all about). A late surge from Hancock and Brown gave hope, but 9 runs were the difference in the end.

CW Red 242/8 (50 overs)
CW Colts 233/6 (50 overs)

CW Red won by 9 runs
Man of the Match: SA Bennett

Attachments

Buddhmaster

International Captain
This is just getting ridiculous now. But congrats on Green getting the first 300+ score this season (that i know of)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Great first innings batting form all the guys led by Feeney and Malone, to post a big total. Cunningham and Hoy got the bowling innings off to a great start to keep black to 37/3 in the first 14 overs. From there on all the bowlers bowled with good control and the wickets came as Black chased the big total.

Well Done Green!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Great batting Rob and Alex :D set us up for a fairly easy win there with those Hundreds

Hoy, Cunningham and Weber finished the job with some superb bowling :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andy Cameron Trades In His Reds

Asked what colour boxers he's wearing this evening, pacer Andy Cameron responded, "I only ever wear briefs, and they're tight and Green at the moment." Hilarity ensued.

Cameron was transferred to CW Green from CW Red, with Zafar Mohammed the player leaving Green. This means that Mohammed has now signed with 3 separate teams within 2 seasons of Dev League cricket.