• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Hoggy31

International Captain
Great stuff Reds.. Brilliant innings by Dauth and then well bowled by Edmunds, Bennett and Watt.. GO REDS!!

And, I'm not sure which one of these is right:
Code:
Commentary: NA Borcich          10-0-45-2
Code:
Scorecard: NA Borcich          10-0-53-2

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hoggy31 said:
Great stuff Reds.. Brilliant innings by Dauth and then well bowled by Edmunds, Bennett and Watt.. GO REDS!!

And, I'm not sure which one of these is right:
Code:
Commentary: NA Borcich          10-0-45-2
Code:
Scorecard: NA Borcich          10-0-53-2
I'd go with scorecard.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
kwek said:
surprised you let me make my runs so easy....and firsly...carn me away..damnit!
Common green! the batting(and now even the bowling) really needs to be redone! work on it lads!
Getting a team all out for 227 on a good batting pitch is hardly poor...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad luck Blue, nearly got there. Everyone chipped in but we couldn't quite get over the line. Fairly happy with my own performance, 2-51 and 24* off 15 (my career best score, I think), just a pity I couldn't hit the last ball for six which would've secured a tie.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yeah, but he could have spared himself this ;)

Code:
DJ Watt to RGEWS Cribb: DC by RE Edmunds: No Run
Yes, dropping catches off the captains bowling isn't a great way to kick things off! But Ed certainly made up for that with his bowling - Congrats on the 1D debut Ed look to be a very handy player in both forms on first appearences.

Our boys have certainly earnt a pat on the back for the recent results - top knock Robbo, and well supported by Fatty & Kenneh. In the bowling hats off (again) to Mr Edmunds and Nick. Sean had an off day, but we'll forgive him - maybe.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Bellerive Oval

The Colts batted carelessly on a flat surface, wasting away to a score of 175 to be comfortably defeated by the Blacks. Nick Hancock played hard to revive the innings, but the top collapse was far too significant.

With the ball, the Colts hit back with a first ball wicket of Callum Thompson, but Chaulk, Josy and Blackman quickly made the success void, crusing home with 68 balls to spare.

CW Colts 175 ao (43 overs)
CW Black 178/3 (38.4 overs)

CW Black won by 7 wickets
Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Blue
at the CWBCC Stadium

Alex Feeney was in his allround glory, carrying Green to victory over Blue. First, Feeney scored an unbeaten hundred of a total of 280/6, then he claimed 3 Blue wickets to stunt a late innings surge.

Half centuries from Alex Crampton and Dinusha DeSilva seemed to be setting up victory for Blue, but the lower order could not carry through, and Feeney's 3 wickets were crucial.

CW Green 280/6 (50 overs)
CW Blue 261 ao (46 overs)

CW Green won by 19 runs
Man of the Match: A Feeney

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The following players have been selected to an Invitational XI to play a 3-day game against England on the 5th:

A Feeney (Green)
SG Fitzsimmons (Blue)
T Mamesh (Colts)
* DP Towns (Colts)
MW Wilson (Black)
+ AP Chaulk (Black)
BC Cunningham (Green)
TV Weber (Green)
XPA Rose (Green)
DJ Watt (Red)
TJ Demeza (Blue)

12th Man: SA Bennett (Red)

Loony BoB

International Captain
Ouch. Just goes to show how much we've relied on our top three batsmen in OD. :( None of us have fired, and the end result is a horrible scorecard. We gave our bowlers absolutely nothing to work with.

Good job to Hancock for providing an ounce of resistance and Brown for his highly economical ten overs (excellent for a seamer).

Loony BoB

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The following players have been selected to an Invitational XI to play a 3-day game against England on the 5th:

A Feeney (Green)
SG Fitzsimmons (Blue)
T Mamesh (Colts)
* DP Towns (Colts)
MW Wilson (Black)
+ AP Chaulk (Black)
BC Cunningham (Green)
TV Weber (Green)
XPA Rose (Green)
DJ Watt (Red)
TJ Demeza (Blue)

12th Man: SA Bennett (Red)
Firstly, as a Colts player, a huge congratulations to Mamesh on making this side.

Secondly... I'm honoured to be in the team, let alone to captain. I like to think that I'm very familiar with all the guys on the side, so look forward to taking on such a great side as England. Looking at our (extremely strong looking) team, I'm confident we can really push England to their limits.

EDIT: Will be interesting to see how I can juggle five seamers and a spinner that are all used to getting a lot of overs... can I ask the selectors of this side to email me should they be looking at any certain aspects of any players that they intend on looking at during this game?

Last edited:

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Bleh, my OD form is getting worse with every match. Another close game, we really should've won it though, no excuse for getting bowled out in a one-dayer. It can't have been that hard to bat - even Travis scored 8. :p

Congrats to Travis and Simon on making the invitational side as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing to lose both our matches in the most recent set of ODers. Lots of work to do still in the second half of the season.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
LOL Neil im kinda agreeing with ya also.. we have played extremely well without the 3 of us.. lol maybe thats telling us sumthnig ekkkk.. lol

Great game blacks allround great performance..

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Adamc said:
Bleh, my OD form is getting worse with every match. Another close game, we really should've won it though, no excuse for getting bowled out in a one-dayer. It can't have been that hard to bat - even Travis scored 8. :p

Congrats to Travis and Simon on making the invitational side as well.
8 off 4 balls I might add ;) And let's not forget the little not out part either.
Hrm, but that was a dissappointing result indeed. Taking 3 wickets and getting more than a run was good fun and all, but losing sucks.
Blue boys, the table is very even, three teams are on 4/4 win/loss, we are still in this for sure :)
We have the superior NRR :)

Congrats Simon in opening the batting for the invitational team.