• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Robertinho said:
Ah, the only way you come across people is through internet communities? :p
Nah, all my friends and associates outside of the internet are nutbags :(
That's what happens when you listen to angry music, play soccer and go to uni and are a binge drinker .... friends are insane ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Black
at the CW Oval

Intense cricket at the Cricket Web Oval came right down the final ball of the match, when Kartik Iyer defended Thompson solidly to secure an unlikely draw. Left hanging on for dear life, the Reds were 92/8 at the close. The heroes were Iyer and David Kennett, who batted for 12.3 overs to save the game.

Kennett's masterclass was manifested in 0 not out from 31 balls against quality spin bowling.

Until the final session of day five, the game had been evenly poised and a keen contest throughout. Black batted first and spent the first two days of the match compiling a huge total of 498/6 declared. Centuries from Blackman and Kearsley were helped along by half-centuries from Jones, Butler and Chaulk, as all the batsmen contributed.

The conditions were still good for batting, however, but the Reds settled in and ensured that they batted themselves into a position where it would be difficult to lose. Dauth, Markus and Robbins were the main contributors, but the patient Black bowling chipped away at the wickets column to eventually take a lead of 116 runs.

The second innings presented challenges for both teams, tactically and technically. Black faced up the Red bowlers on a track that was still good for batting, but everything changed when it was the turn of the Reds. Thompson destroyed the top order, then Richards had the lower order hanging on for dear life. Iyer and Kennett - centre stage.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 498 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 382 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 224 for 6 dec.
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 92 for 8
Match Drawn.

Man of the Match: AJ Blackman

Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Colts
at the PDV Dome

The Blues wasted first opportunity on a flat surface, but the inexperience of the Colts told, as they slid to a substantial defeat. Fitzsimmons first innings runs came up huge in the end, although he fell short of his first hundred of the season.

Kyle Wright bowled 33 of his team's 109.4 overs, and was rewarded with 5 good wickets.

Unfortunately, his batsmen didn't back up the effort. Mamesh found good touch and looked good for a 3rd FC hundred of the season, before he was bowled around his legs by Halsey. No one else really stood up in the Colts batting order. Hancock batted himself in, but got himself out - a soft caught and bowled. No one else passed 20.

A lead of 107 in the bag, Peter Young picked up where Fitzsimmons left off. He played his way to a brilliant chanceless hundred, and Blue pushed to 293/9 declared.

Exactly 400 runs were needed by the Colts, and one and a half days remained to get them. By stumps, however, a reachable target was fastened firmly out of reach - 141/7 at stumps. On day 5, the Blues wasted no time in completing the job.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 299 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 192 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 293 for 9 dec.
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 142 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 258 runs.

Man of the Match: PE Young

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
another good win for blue, great hundred pete, im also happy to get some runs a shane i fell just short of the hundred though, i can assure you thats not the first time Andrew has run me out either, i smell a conspiracy...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Bad luck Reds, 8/92? My god. Is that the second time Marc has gone out in the 90s? Unlucky.

There's always next time boys..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lovely, lovely. Very solid team performance, good batting from Fitzsimmons and Young, good bowling from the whole team first time up, and Halsey cleaned up in the second. That should cement second spot for us for a while longer. :)

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the guy who runs the sim is the Blue captain, what do you expect?!

Haha I'm joking by the way.. Liam, any chance of you giving us updated stats?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win to bounce back after that disappointing match against Black. Very much a team effort this, a couple of big scores from Simon and PY, but good contributions all the way down with both bat and ball. All the more impressive considering we were without Demeza. Still a lot of dropped catches but a big improvement from last match.

Happy enough with my five wickets for the match, two catches and a painstaking eight not out. Finally got my not outs to innings ratio up to 1:2. :p

Last edited:

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Damn to get so close and to not get those final wickets, well bowled Thompson, Richards also great innings Blackman.

Dizzy #4

International 12th Man
I think now I got the most catches for the FC season, god my captain will be happy at me for holding his chances

Lucky down at the Yellows, we actally have safe hands(Nayak,Holwer,Mamash,Burke,Hancock), unlike some other teams we know!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
A couple of things, what a game from me - 0/169 and 0(2) - somebody put me out, cause I'm on fire.

Secondly, 'Dizzy#4' - do us all a favour and not bother turning your computer on.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
We almost won! too bad not to get the victory, we'll get em next time, REDS BE WARNED! Blacks are coming after you!

GOOO BLACKS!