• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Black
at the CWBCC Stadium

Boosted by the confidence of their first 5D win, the Blacks cruised past Green by 8 wickets, chasing a target of 234 with ease. After limiting Green to 233/8 in damp conditions, the Blacks prospered in the best of the batting conditions, with Ash Chaulk's fine ton leading the way.

Green showed fight, however. Anthony Lezama and veteran Reuben Verghese contructed a partnership of 83 to rescue the score from a dismal 109/5. The top order failure was crucial in the end though. Black had little problems in the chase, and no bowler was able to sustain any pressure.

CW Green 233/8 (50 overs)
CW Black 234/2 (43.4 overs)

CW Black won by 8 wickets.
Man of the Match: AP Chaulk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Red
at the Bellerive Oval

Clinical victory for the Colts, as their spinners strangled the Red top and middle order in a chase of 253 for victory. As the Hobart surface got slower and slower, the Reds found it difficult to inject urgency into the chase, falling short by 35 runs.

Earlier, the Colts were off to a swift start start in wet conditions. The Red bowlers struggled with control, and Towns and Das laid a good platform. Malthus-Howell and Jasotharan then built steadily on the start toward a total of 252/7 - significantly less than what seemed likely at one stage.

The runs proved enough, however, as the Red innings never quite got going until the very end, when Langley and Borcich added a quick 57 runs - too late.

CW Colts 252/7 (50 overs)
CW Red 217/7 (50 overs)

CW Colts won by 35 runs
Man of the Match: DJ Comley

Attachments

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
What's up with that Jamee?

15 off 37???

Bad luck team, we lost it with those 3 wickets for 4 runs didn't we.

Difficult to come back after that, and I personally didn't score quick enough, and we just ran out of overs :(

Good performances from Ian, with both ball and bat, Davey Watt and the 2 at the end, Langley and Borcich who also performed well with the red shiny thing.

CARN THE REDS!!!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hm. Batting never turned up, our seamers continue to disappoint, and the man with the best SR all season is stifled by gentle off-spin. *mutter*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
We are here to play cricket... please get over the rookie stuff... its just clogging up these threads and theres no need for it..
But there is a need when a clear concern has been raised and then swept under the carpet.

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
But there is a need when a clear concern has been raised and then swept under the carpet.
Swept under the carpet? Is that why I waste my time posting long detailed posts with stats in response to your constant criticism with no statement of facts?

Oh dear. 8-)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win Colts. After dominating the Reds in the 5Day game it was good to keep in up in the one day form. Great stuff guys keep it up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Swept under the carpet? Is that why I waste my time posting long detailed posts with stats in response to your constant criticism with no statement of facts?

Oh dear. 8-)
I can provide the facts thanks to your errors earlier in the season.

The sliding scale was proposed because it would limit sign ups.

I'd say having 3 rookies sign up all with simming stats in excess of anything in a current team is excessive to say the least.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Except it is again too late to just review it - the sign ups have happened now and you can hardly unilaterally change stats can you?

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
Except it is again too late to just review it - the sign ups have happened now and you can hardly unilaterally change stats can you?
Contrary to popular belief, this is not the last season of Dev League cricket, so go ahead.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Marc you are such an ungreatful tosser hey.

Liam does so much work for the cricket web game, in his spare time I might add, and all you continue to do is whinge, whine and put a damper on the scheme of things.

As someone else said, just get over it. Your issue with 'rookie' power apparently seems to only be -your- issue. Everyone else seems to accept the fact that there has been an increase in player population, and also accept the fact that some of the rookies from the past couple/few seasons would have good starts to their time in the system.

Stop snapping at Liams heels all the time, the poor guy has better things to do than write essay length replies to keep some grumpy ******* like you semi-happy.

David

International 12th Man
Travis_Teh said:

Liam does so much work for the cricket web game, in his spare time I might add, and all you continue to do is whinge, whine and put a damper on the scheme of things.

As someone else said, just get over it. Your issue with 'rookie' power apparently seems to only be -your- issue. Everyone else seems to accept the fact that there has been an increase in player population, and also accept the fact that some of the rookies from the past couple/few seasons would have good starts to their time in the system.

Stop snapping at Liams heels all the time, the poor guy has better things to do than write essay length replies to keep some grumpy ******* like you semi-happy.
Ungrateful.

dinu23

International Debutant
Travis_Teh said:

word.