• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing defeat against Colts, the bowling was ok but the batting just wasn't good enough. Anyway, we should have a full strength side with our internationals soon.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great win by the Colts. Another stunning innings from the stand-in skipper. Congrats to David on his wonderful spell that opened the game up for us.

Keep it up guys!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Could we have the real Red-Green scorecard and commentary, please, Mr Almighty-Holder-Of-Our-Simming-Fates?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I don't intend to be strict on submission times. Generally teams will have about 13 hours leeway in terms of submitting sides. I just give the submission time as midnight UK time so that I have the option of simming the games the night before the scheduled date (in Trinidad time), as it's 7pm my time when that deadline comes about. Basically, it's to encourage early submission.
Right OK - just wanted to clear that up in case it gets to the situation whereby we're late because of waiting for previous results.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointing loss for Blue. Solid (if unspectacular) bowling effort, but we really should've got closer after making a decent start with the bat. Oh well, i'm sure we'll make amends tomorrow when we play Red. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Whoa. I`m crap! Hahah, sorry guys, that was an absolutely pathetic performance from myself. I`ll put in a better performance next time.

Well bowled from Travis and Adz, but the batting was eww. Let`s dominate next game.

cometer

State Regular
Mister Wright said:
Great win by the Colts. Another stunning innings from the stand-in skipper. Congrats to David on his wonderful spell that opened the game up for us.

Keep it up guys!

Thanks, was delighted to get thrown the ball as i always am and certainly took full advantage of the opportunity with the support of the remainder of the team. Was a very good win and hopefully we can keep it up.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KennyD said:
Umm Liam, the files there appear to be from the 2nd test match in Sri Lanka.
It was *um* a test.. yeh... I was testing you guys. Good to see you aren't sheep. :dry:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Good win, Reds. Great effort from all the bowlers and all the bats played their parts. Happy with another 50 partnership with Stedman and my 2 wickets

Hoggy31

International Captain
BC Cunningham to GKK Dobson: 1 run

Dam you Dobson! You said I could hit the winning runs..

Well played fellas. Well bowled Sean and a terrific all-round performance from Ian. Well batted Stedman, Langley and Kenny also

KennyD

Hoggy31 said:
BC Cunningham to GKK Dobson: 1 run

Dam you Dobson! You said I could hit the winning runs..
I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to, I just tapped it down to deep square off my pads, and walked down the pitch just to have a word with you, and I accidently walked too far, meaning you had to scamper down the other end to avoid being run-out, scoring one run to me, and leaving us with the victory.

Sorry buddy.

Slats4ever

good win team. The fielding and bowling was the shizzle. Even though we got rattled a bit early by the "farter" Bharat and "Stinky" Malone we kept our heads and took some brilliant wickets to clean them up.

The batting was alright. We shoulda made mince meat of their total but I s'pose it's ok cos we got there in the end.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Wow! At this moment I'm batting like a consistent guy, slow or fast i am the guy.

One Day
60 @ 20.00
2-0-0-11

Four Day
2 Catches
135 @ 33.75

Compare Strikerates
OD - 85.7 runs per 100 balls
4D - 26.2 runs per 100 balls

What am i thinking!?!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Paid The Umpire said:
Wow! At this moment I'm batting like a consistent guy, slow or fast i am the guy.

One Day
60 @ 20.00
2-0-0-11

Four Day
2 Catches
135 @ 33.75

Compare Strikerates
OD - 85.7 runs per 100 balls
4D - 26.2 runs per 100 balls

What am i thinking!?!
As long as you keep scoring runs mate no one really minds how fast or slow you score them mate. :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Red
at the PDV Dome

An incisive 4-wicket burst from none other than Adam Collins left the Reds struggling and tumbling towards a total of 103 all out, chasing just 199 for victory. In a close affair, fascinating exchanges left the game fairly even after the first three innings. It was then that the Blues seized control, late on the third day.

Having won the toss and electing to take first strike, Sean Fuller found his team rather short on batting, when the last 5 wickets fell for 13 runs. Indeed, an unbeaten 53 from substitute Andre Maddocks was essential in pushing to the eventual 197 all out. Wasting no time in hitting back, Nath Patrick quickly had Red 6/2. Captain Ian Markus struck an entertaining half-century, but Guarav Nayak was the only other batsman to truly prosper - 234 all out.

A deficit of 37, Blue captain Sean Fuller set his mind to bat for the long haul. Wickets constantly tumbled around him (and he was dropped 6 times), but he soldiered on with true grit and maturity. Alas, he could not collect his reward of a century, bowled by Borcich just short of the milestone. A total of 235 all out meant that the Reds would need 199 for victory in seemingly perfect batting conditions.

The events that unfolded simply define, yet again, this game of glorious uncertainties.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 197 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 234 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 235 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 103 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 95 runs.

Man of the Match: SE Fuller

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CWBCC Stadium

Brave batting from the Cricket Web Colts was undermined by Reuben Verghese, as the veteran took 3 quick wickets on the final day to ensure substantial victory for Green. In a very competitive match, the batting of Green ultimately put things out of the reach of the Colts.

Inserted under heavy cloud cover, the Greens combated the moving ball nicely, as Sajith went on to his maiden FC hundred, fetching support from Feeney, Garven, Cunningham and Verghese in a score of 381 all out.

The Colts were solid in the initial exchanges, but a burst of 4 wickets for Nathan Hoy quickly changed that. At 95/6, enter Gary Nayak. Batting relatively cautiously at first, Nayak reached his fifty and expanded onward to score a brilliant unbeaten hundred, never giving a chance. The allrounder powered the Colts almost unbelievably to the heights of 320 all out.

A significantly smaller lead than the Greens had hoped for, it was necessary to build another big total. Following another solid opening stand, Rob Malone took up the mantle of responsibility. Dropped by Towns before he had scored, Malone batted with chanceless precision onward for a crucial hundred. Bryce Cunningham supported nicely with his second half-century of the game, and helped loft the target to a massive 429 when the declaration came, at tea on day four.

Left with a plot of survival, the Colts looked nicely placed at 103/1 at stumps. On the final day, however, Hoy bowled Mamesh early, and the middle order never truly got settled. Nayak was brave toward the end of the innings once more, but when he played on to Cunningham, it was all but over.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 381 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 320 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 367 for 9 dec.
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 254 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 174 runs.

Man of the Match: G Nayak

Attachments