• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Reds first One Day side:

Markus
Stedman
Dobson
Langley
Robbins (c)
Iyer
Gray (wk)
Borcich
Loganathan
Cameron
Watt

Pretty much all the fit players are utilised!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Blue vs Cricket Web Black
at the PDV Dome

More worries for Cricket Web Black, with another dismal batting performance sending a close game to a comfortable Blue win. The bowling of Travis Demeza ripped apart the Black top order, before Sean Fuller stamped his claim with the ball in the middle order.

Black was ultimately out for 102 in its second innings, having surrendered a lead of 4 runs in the first exchanges. Chasing the small target of 99, the Blues were met with every bit of effort the Blacks could muster. Callum Thompson bowled his heart out, and Neil Pickup tried his best to spin a miracle. Alas, a spirited cameo of 14 not out from 10 balls from Crampton saw Blue home in quick time, after the top order did the grafting toward victory.

The first innings was a far closer affair. Nath Patrick was brilliant on his return to CW cricket, stunning the Blacks after they were off to a solid start at 76/1, having been inserted by Camps. Patrick started the match at 195 First Class wickets, and wasted no time, reaching 200 with the scalp of Neil Pickup - 5/56 in the innings.

CW Black 273 all out were met with the experienced top order of Blue and the score reached 73 before the first wicket was claimed. Wilson dismissed Fitzsimmons and a miniature collapse featured 4 wickets tumbling for 57 runs. No worries of disaster, and the in-form Wilshere and Crampton rebuilt clinically to 219/4. It was then that Pickup and Broadbent fairly rushed the end, and Blue was all out for 277.

Demeza charged in to Josy for the second over of the third innings of the match. His first delivery sent Josy's offstump reeling, and the Blacks weren't far behind...

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 273 all out
Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 277 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 102 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 100 for 4
Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wkts.

Man of the Match: N.L. Patrick

Attachments

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Reds first One Day side:

Markus
Stedman
Dobson
Langley
Robbins (c)
Iyer
Gray (wk)
Borcich
Loganathan
Cameron
Watt

Pretty much all the fit players are utilised!
Don't you have the guy that keeps for the national team, is he injuried or something?

Nice to see Tharmi selected, hopefully i can smack him around the park, it shouldn't be too hard :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

I just realized I'm a day ahead of schedule. This is a good thing though, as it gives me some breathing room.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great win guys. Nath exploited helpful conditions perfectly first up, and Wilshere and Crampton applied themselves well with the bat on the second day, then after we'd managed to equal their score we just ripped them apart in the second innings. Demeza's opening spell was vicious. Excellent way to start the season.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Apologies on being away for the day :p

Cannot believe that after 86, we manage to subside for 102. Truly appalling once again and the batting has to start showing some spine, discipline and control. If Matty Hayden can do it, so can you. I'm now officially on the lookout for a loan signing or two to cover the batting seeing as the current lot don't seem to be bothering.

One Day side
Simon Jones
Ash Chaulk
Chris Butler
David Kearsley
Alex Blackman
Mike Wilson
Callum Thompson
Johann Izquierdo
Gareth Gooljar
Chris Broadbent
Neil Pickup

Darren Dubb Lynch
Sam Gough

Batsmen interested should apply by email...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
new_age_ar said:
Don't you have the guy that keeps for the national team, is he injuried or something?

Nice to see Tharmi selected, hopefully i can smack him around the park, it shouldn't be too hard :p
Hakon Mork (include some funny symbols) is on tour I think?

But they have me instead!

Mr Mxyzptlk

OD Opening Day

Cricket Web Red vs Cricket Web Colts
at the CW Oval

A brilliant maiden ton by Daniel Towns was not enough, as the Colts fell 25 runs short of CW Red's total of 282 on a flat over wicket. Towns featured in partnerships of 88 and 91, but his effort was just not enough to take his team home.

Batting first after winning the toss, Stedman hit a solid half-century at the top of the innings, as Markus, Dobson and Langley contributed usefully. It was a blistering unbeaten half-century from captain Robbins and a fine knock from young Jamee Gray, however, that pushed the total along at the end - 91 runs scored in the last 10 overs.

Watt took a wicket in his opening over of the Colts innings, and Loganathan bowled well in the middle overs, as Red contained the Colts clinically for a spot of revenge.

CW Red 282/5 (50 overs)
CW Colts 257/7 (50 overs)

CW Red won by 25 runs
Man of the Match: M.J. Robbins

Cricket Web Black vs Cricket Web Green
at the SCG

Tarick Weber was once again a thorn in the side of Black, as his blinding unbeaten half-century and 2 wickets helped Green to a 13-run win. The Blacks were an improved batting team, with serious contributions from Chaulk, Blackman and Izquierdo, but ultimately came up just short.

The Greens were inserted by Neil Pickup and lost a wicket in the first over to a run out. Alex Feeney stood firm, however, and anchored beautifully for a half-century. Down the order Sajith continued his good start to the season, but was dismissed just short of his fifty.

The effort was then cast over to Weber and Hoy, as they powered 52 runs off the last 5 overs of the innings, including 14 off the final over by Wilson. That proved the difference, and the Blacks could not find the same acceleration at the end of their innings, though posting an admirable 38 off the last 5.

CW Green 266/7 (50 overs)
CW Black 253/9 (50 overs)

CW Green won by 13 runs
Man of the Match: T.V. Weber

Attachments

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Good win guys, everyone contributed with the bat (except Iyer). Good to see the openers working, Stedman with a fine half century, also good to see the captain bouncing back from the last match with an unbeaten 68..

Bowling? Tharmi and Dave were the best, but otherwise it was pretty poor :-O

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Smack me around the park will you
Code:
T Mamesh           c GKK Dobson         b T Loganathan       5      8     0      0
Tharmi 1 - Thamba 0 :p

Great win there for the Reds, a very good team effort with with most of us contributing with the bat and bowl.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Bad luck Blacks.. atleast our batting has improved (even if it was a different form of the game :)) hopefulyl we can hit our straps soon otherwise we will be way behind the pack very early in the season. I must apoligise for my batting as it has been well below par of late. As a senior player of the team i am sory that i have not been able to stick around and support some of the younger boys with the bat.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good win Reds, some great batting from pretty much everyone, and good bowling from Watt and Loganathan. Am personally disappointed with my performances so far this season, 1/52 isn't that great, hopefully I can improve.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Whooooop, whoop, whoop.

Very happy with my bowling, up there with my best game surely. 200 wickets is unreal. Nice to get Neil for a pair, though he returned the favour by getting me out for 0. Demeza, Fuller and Wilshere were all awesome.

Great win first up, let`s make that the standard for the season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Superb effort Reds - partly tried to put the pressure on the non-Internationals to perform and they came to the party! :D