• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Season 9 Discussions Thread

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bennett donates to the CWBCC - again

The CWBCC, in collaboration with the willing Bennett family, have fined Red allrounder Sean Bennett 50% of his inheritance. The fine comes as Bennett directed inappropriate language toward the Disciplinary Arm of the Board.

steds said:
WHAT?!?! Fine him his own F***ing match fee! :-O :frusty:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If the CWBCC do not stop in their unfair dealings, the LSU will so something terrible.

Bennett has done very little wrong except act like any normal human being would when confronted by gross unfairness.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tom Halsey said:
If the CWBCC do not stop in their unfair dealings, the LSU will so something terrible.

Bennett has done very little wrong except act like any normal human being would when confronted by gross unfairness.
Using profanity in such a manner (or at all) on the cricket field will not be tolerated. It should especially not be addressed to an official or another player. Sadly, Mr.Bennett has done both. After being fined initially, he persisted and aimed such profanity at the CWBCC. It is human nature to be upset, but that does not warrant profanity.

Regarding the "terrible thing" that the LSU shall do, I'd suggest two things...

1. If you have a complaint, address it via the PA and the PA Rep.
2. More attention should be paid to the manner in which threats are phrased and the wisdom of such threats at all.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Using profanity in such a manner (or at all) on the cricket field will not be tolerated. It should especially not be addressed to an official or another player. Sadly, Mr.Bennett has done both. After being fined initially, he persisted and aimed such profanity at the CWBCC. It is human nature to be upset, but that does not warrant profanity.

2. More attention should be paid to the manner in which threats are phrased and the wisdom of such threats at all.
Profanity goes on all the time, simple as. And point 1), I shall do that.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

I agree, what kind of ****ing ******** would swear?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Tom Halsey said:

50 % of 0 is 0...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blacks rotating for the third warmup:

Jones
Josy
Butler
Kearsley
Blackman
Dubb Lynch
Wilson
Johann Izquierdo (that's what the random name generator said)
Richards (c)
Gooljar
Gough

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Reds side for next Friendly

J Stedman
G Dobson
R Dauth
I Markus (c)
K Iyer
J Gray (wk)
R Langley
N Borcich
T Loganathan
A Cameron
D Kennett

Only one of the Internationals is selected here, in a preplanned 11.
My first game for the season :-O

As Big Kev would say - "I'm excited!"

GO REDS!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Colts side to face Reds in 2nd One Day warm up (September 9)

NR Hancock (vc)
DP Towns (c)
T Mamesh
SJ Burke
JB Malthus-Howell
DP Tucker
S Jasotharan (wk)
G Nayak
JB Brown
DJ Comley
GM Thomas

12th: OJ Cook
13th: KS Wright

Mr Mxyzptlk

Cricket Web Colts vs Cricket Web Black
at the Bellerive Oval

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 416 all out
Cricket Web Colts 1st Innings 405 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 315 all out
Cricket Web Colts 2nd Innings 145 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 181 runs.

Man of the Match: MW Wilson

Daily Blast Tagline: The trophy-holders show the newbies that Dev cricket is harder than Bangladesh.

Cricket Web Green vs Cricket Wed Red
at the CWBCC Stadium

Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 260 all out
Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 310 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 279 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 230 for 6
Cricket Web Green won by 4 wkts.

Man of the Match: JR Gray

Daily Blast Tagline: With the pressure on, the quality of Green shines through.

Cricket Web Blue vs Bangladesh XI
at the PDV Dome

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 374 all out
Bangladesh XI 1st Innings 215 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 275 all out
Bangladesh XI 2nd Innings 281 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 153 runs.

Man of the Match: A Crampton

Daily Blast Tagline: Bangladesh beaten, but leave Blue blushing with late blitz.

Attachments

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm not too disheartened by that loss, considering we were experimenting with the line-up. We did well to stay in the game, a bit disapointed with our batsman in the 2nd innnings, but nothing to be too worried about this early in the season.

Simon

good all round team performance there by blue, good decision to drop Cloete to 4 i say ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's like I'm jinxed. I play a team full of FC-class players in warmup games and charity matches, I score 100 runs. FC? Still waiting for the maiden century. :(

I think Kyle summed up my thoughts pretty well. We showed we can compete, but we also discovered a few weakness we can work on. It's all about potential - both realising it and reaching it consistently. Let's keep it up, guys. Colts still looking strong. :)

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
I'm not too disheartened by that loss, considering we were experimenting with the line-up. We did well to stay in the game, a bit disapointed with our batsman in the 2nd innnings, but nothing to be too worried about this early in the season.
Loony BoB said:
It's like I'm jinxed. I play a team full of FC-class players in warmup games and charity matches, I score 100 runs. FC? Still waiting for the maiden century. :(

I think Kyle summed up my thoughts pretty well. We showed we can compete, but we also discovered a few weakness we can work on. It's all about potential - both realising it and reaching it consistently. Let's keep it up, guys. Colts still looking strong. :)
That's the right attitudes boys, we'll just have to keep our heads high and see what happens next game, I'm sure we have enough power to bounce back again.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Don't worry Reds, It was only a warm-up ;)

Well batted Jamee and Ian, and well bowled Andy in the second innings