• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
SR Tendulkar*(7)
RV Uthappa
RG Sharma
SK Raina
PP Chawla(6)
KD Karthik+
IK Pathan(3)
P Kumar(2)
H Singh(5)
Z Khan(1)
RP Singh(4)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Interested by the composition of that middle order...

Slightly relatedly, I've just had a quick trawl to try finding the most wickets taken by a bowler in a bilateral 5-ODI series. The highest I can find is 13 - by Viv Richards, of all people, against India in 1989. Darren Gough also has 13, whilst Andre Adams has 14 from 4 ODIs in a 7 game series and Javagal Srinath 18 from 7 as an all-time best.

I have 13 from 4 ODIs in this series thus far... but I can't believe that this is so close to a record... maybe there are just so few bilaterals played?

roseboy64

Slightly relatedly, I've just had a quick trawl to try finding the most wickets taken by a bowler in a bilateral 5-ODI series. The highest I can find is 13 - by Viv Richards, of all people, against India in 1989. Darren Gough also has 13, whilst Andre Adams has 14 from 4 ODIs in a 7 game series and Javagal Srinath 18 from 7 as an all-time best.

I have 13 from 4 ODIs in this series thus far... but I can't believe that this is so close to a record... maybe there are just so few bilaterals played?
For experience. The experienced bats got chances and did nothing.

Nah don't think it's about the amount of bilaterals. Just less chance to get a lot of wickets considering the fact that usually more than 5 bowlers are used and a bowler only has 10 overs. All that stuff.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But surely India does not want to get whitewashed in the name of experience. They'd still be playing their best XI to salvage some pride.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

You already took 17 from 5 when Pakistan came here a couple of years ago. Work to do on Sunday, clearly.

roseboy64

But surely India does not want to get whitewashed in the name of experience. They'd still be playing their best XI to salvage some pride.
No. Played the best XIs available for the important first 3 games and only Sehwag and Gambhir made runs. What reason is there to believe that the young guys won't do better than the crap Ganguly, Yuvraj and the like served up. Might actually get batsmen wanting to make runs to make an impression.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Because Ganguly and Yuvraj are proven performers and the youngsters aren't? Fair enough to make a change or two, but to have Chawla batting in the middle order ahead of Ganguly or Yuvraj? That's just asking to be whitewashed. India has fixed this series, IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mamesh included in James Nixon Inv XI

Dan Smith has been asked to lead the James Nixon Invitational XI against India. The team will play a 4-day match against the tourists, starting on Tuesday. Cricket Web Black captain, Smith will be joined by five players with Cricket Web XI experience.

Kyle Wright leads a strong bowling attack, and is likely the share the new ball with Nath Patrick or Nick Borcich. The main spin option in the team is Martyn Corrin, the CW Green allrounder. The greatest point of interest, however, will be the efforts of Thamba Mamesh to force his way back into the Test team.

James Nixon Invitational XI
DP Smith (c)
T Mamesh
R Malone
NG Scott
RGEWS Cribb
SE Fuller
A Lezama (wk)
M Corrin
NA Borcich
KS Wright
NL Patrick

12th Man: AR Arnold

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Awesome, stoked to be selected. Very quality bowling unit, hope we can come up with some plans and get stuck in. :thumbsup:

roseboy64

Because Ganguly and Yuvraj are proven performers and the youngsters aren't? Fair enough to make a change or two, but to have Chawla batting in the middle order ahead of Ganguly or Yuvraj? That's just asking to be whitewashed. India has fixed this series, IMO.
Fair point. Hmm..........

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nearly too tired to think properly. Will just give bowling orders. If any of the the other senior players want to throw some tactics in, be my guest.

James Nixon Invitational XI
DP Smith (c) (7)
T Mamesh
R Malone (6)
NG Scott
RGEWS Cribb (8)
SE Fuller (4)
A Lezama (wk)
M Corrin (5)
NA Borcich (1)
KS Wright (2)
NL Patrick (3)

Only go to me or Cribb if it's very desperate. If one of the opening bowlers is getting some stick get Patto on quick smart.

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
Cricketweb U-19 XIII v Indians

1. A.R. Arnold
2. R. Malone
3. S. Young
4. A. Sharma
5. Z.J. Ritchie *
6. B.C. Fitzsimmons +
7. L.A. Howgate
8. B.C. Donald
9. J.N.E Forner