• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in CWLand Discussion and Results

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Note that the 2nd ODI will be played on Tuesday 1st April, contrary to what the schedule says.

The rest of the schedule is, to my current knowledge, correct.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Same 11 for India. Threw away that one. Personally, sucky bowling from me but awesome fightback in the end.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ohhh, top order looks in good form. India will have their work cut out if they want to salvage a win, or some respectability at least, from here.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Crackin'. Chaulk making up for that dropped catch off me with a classy 80, and Gough making amends with a super spell at the death. No extra laps for you two. Just.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
India team for third ODI

V Sehwag(6)
SC Ganguly
G Gambhir
SR Tendulkar(7)
Y Singh
MS Dhoni+*
IK Pathan(4)
H Singh(5)
P Kumar(3)
Z Khan(1)
S Sreesanth(2)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Second ODI: Cricket Web XI vs India
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

All too easy for the Webheads, who despite tossing away the new ball soared to victory on Pickup's turns and a solid top order effort. Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag got India off to a good start at 78 for no loss, but from then on, their fortunes turned.

Fuller got the first breakthrough, with Sehwag dragging on a ball that pitched in line - a very similar ball had gone down the leg side just before. Gambhir was given a life shortly afterwards, but went down feebly, and when Halsey had Ganguly stumped and the score was 126 for four, India needed to take stock.

As such, they never really got away. Despite Rose bowling three more expensive overs to continue a horror series thus far, Pickup struck twice in the 46th over to end with four wickets in the match, and India wobbled to 217 for six. It was a drab chase - the overs from Harbhajan and Sreesanth in the middle was the highlight for the crowd, as Chaulk and Cloete added 52 in six overs and cut the required rate to 3.5. Butler played foil to Cloete from then on, and the team got home with two overs to spare.

India 217 for six (50)
Yuvraj 43*; NS Pickup 4/34

Cricket Web XI 218 for two (48)
AP Chaulk 84, A Cloete 81*; Z Khan 2/33 (9)

Cricket Web won by eight wickets
Man of the Match: N. S. Pickup (Cricket Web XI)

Third ODI to come in 9-10 hours. I can reveal, though, that Kev Gough pulled his hamstring in the late stages of the game and will miss the remainder of the series.