• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
His point is, if England have trouble dismissing one class batsman, imagine what will happen when their bowlers come up against four times that, later in the year.
Indeed. Chanderpaul is the only West Indian batsman that is currently even test standard let alone world class and England have really struggled to get him out. It'll be a big test against India for the likes of Sidebottom and Panesar.

And as for Powell's innings - it really sums up the West Indian batting IMO. I know he's a tailender, but even I could have played a much better innings than that. The sad thing is, Powell actually has batting ability - he just doesn't like to use it.

garypleavin

Cricket Spectator
Please tell me the four world class batsman you are talking about because the only two I can think of is Dravid and Tendulkar. Jaffer, Khartik and Dhoni are very mediocre at test level

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please tell me the four world class batsman you are talking about because the only two I can think of is Dravid and Tendulkar. Jaffer, Khartik and Dhoni are very mediocre at test level
I get the feeling that Sourav Ganguly is one as well, but not sure who the fourth is.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Well for me, it's Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and that's it really, but since Laxman isn't playing, it is 2 imo.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, I wouldn't class Ganguly as a world class Test batsman.
Maybe not, but he was thinking of four so Ganguly and Laxman were the obvious two alongside Tendulkar and Dravid. Whether Ganguly is world class is a different matter.

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
I was thinking Laxman (mind you we're not Australia):laugh: and Sourav now he's back (ignore his crap county record. He's done well in Tests here). As for this match can the "Minibus "Shiv get another ton (Minibus, btw, because he is carrying 10 passengers):laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
And now he's been whacked by Harmison. Hope it ain't serious for the Windies sake. PS - weter Sourav and Laxman are world class is debatable but I guarentee they'll be harder to get out than Smith, Morton, Ganga and Sylvester Joseph.