• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Team Indexes

Spark

Global Moderator
Nah, PEWS says he's giving it to me tomorrow.

But I've played around with it and it's pretty obvious that you don't have any control over things like keepers. It just picks the best one in your team.

Spark

Global Moderator
Except I don't have the excel spreadsheets you use to work it out :p

Plus you're recalculating the ratings iirc.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cribb/Spark, any chance of you rating the Indian and English teams with this method? A quick sim might also generate discussion if you have the time :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Cribb/Spark, any chance of you rating the Indian and English teams with this method? A quick sim might also generate discussion if you have the time :p
Well the database doesn't incorporate England v Sri Lanka, West Indies v India or any of this season's county cricket, but the odds generator gave me this:

England - 3.92
India - 1.25
(pays first innings lead on a draw)

Which puts India massively in front. It does ignore home ground advantage though and I definitely think the last two respective series would help England, but yeah, CPLDB reckons India have the much better team.

Daemon

Well the database doesn't incorporate England v Sri Lanka, West Indies v India or any of this season's county cricket, but the odds generator gave me this:

England - 3.92
India - 1.25

Which puts India massively in front. It does ignore home ground advantage though and I definitely think the last two respective series would help England, but yeah, CPLDB reckons India have the much better team.
Cheers. I guess IRL, everything depends on the current form of the players and what they do on the day itself and not their past records, however good an indication that is of performances to come.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

England - 3.92
India - 1.25

Is that selecting the best possible teams or the teams likely to play?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is that selecting the best possible teams or the teams likely to play?
Teams likely to play.

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Venkata Laxman
Suresh Raina
Mahendra Dhoni
Harbhajan Singh
Zaheer Khan
Ishant Sharma
Shant Sreesanth

Andrew Strauss
Alastair Cook
Jonathan Trott
Kevin Pietersen
Ian Bell
Eoin Morgan
Matt Prior
Stuart Broad
Graeme Swann
Chris Tremlett
James Anderson

vcs

CWPLD clearly knows its ****. Attach it to a bot and sign it up to CW.