• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amazing Adelaide

Which of the following Test match played at Adelaide was best ?

• AUS vs SA 2012

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

TheJediBrah

Objective correct answer is 2006

That one was literally called "Amazing Adelaide", the title of this thread

Burgey

lol yeah that's it for me. What an incredible test match that was.

Also this one from way, way back

Curious that sunilz didn't list the 36 all out game. I found it pretty compelling :ph34r:

Sunil1z

International Regular
Objective correct answer is 2006

That one was literally called "Amazing Adelaide", the title of this thread
Why ?
IND had no business winning the Test in 2003 after being 80/4 in 1st innings while Australia scored 550+ . How many people would have guessed Dravid/Laxman partnership and Agarkar taking 6 wkts in 2nd innings?

Similarly in 2012 , no one gave SA a chance of drawing the Test on Day 5 . I thought Australia will win by lunch on Day 5.

TheJediBrah

Why ?
IND had no business winning the Test in 2003 after being 80/4 in 1st innings while Australia scored 550+ . How many people would have guessed Dravid/Laxman partnership and Agarkar taking 6 wkts in 2nd innings?

Similarly in 2012 , no one gave SA a chance of drawing the Test on Day 5 . I thought Australia will win by lunch on Day 5.
Just saying it was the title of the thread

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It wasn't a test but I remember Shane Bond destroying the Aussies there on "Invasion Day" (Aus Day) 20-something years ago in an ODI. Amaaaaazing inswinging yorker to Gilchrist.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure "Amazing Adelaide" is literally just Ch9 marketing at work anyway. I don't remember it organically being a thing before Ch9 started spruiking DVDs of it.

Spark

Global Moderator
Which reminds me, there aren't too many better examples of the ineptitude of cricket boards in marketing the game than that DVDs, Blu-Rays and purchasable replays of the full 5 (or whatever) days of Tests or important games aren't available for purchase. People would trip over themselves to buy those. Say what you like about Channel 9 but they understood this **** implicitly back in the day.