• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1999 World Cup Final...............scandal????

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
BhupinderSingh said:
Sorry,I'm not being racist but Lillian Thomson is.The guy has been posting rubbish against asian teams in many threads.My accustion is true & is not based on this thread alone.
:D :D :D :D
A few months ago Scaley Plonkhead (or something like that) said all my posts were an attempt to score points off England.:D Now they all contain insults against Asians. This particular Asian is clearly a fool, but that's not a racist comment, just an individual one.8-)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
If only that were true during the 2004 test series, when the India in Pakistan series thread turned into hell on Earth. Pakistan in India 2005 was almost worse.
The good old terrace crowd.

Thankfully they disappeared pretty soon afterwards.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Jono said:
Its not that hard to search "India in Pakistan" in the search option :p

Anyway here are the threads for the 2004, 2005 and 2006 test series. Knock yourself out. The main culprits are Indian and Pakistani posters who either only show up on CW when India are beating Pakistan (or vice-versa) or who are now banned anyway.

Lolz...jus checked out the 2004 thread, really insane stuff from some of the guys.:shock:

Nishant

International 12th Man
Fusion said:
Well said. If we throw around the racist allegation at the drop of a hat, it really weakens our arguments. We become the boy who cried wolf. Besides, on any major "subcontinental" issue, we can debate our points without resorting to cries of racism. Whether it's Murali, Ovalgate, Reverse Swing etc, we have legitimate cricketing points we can make to prove our argument(s)!

PLZ dont talk abt dat story!!!! I just came back from school; the head of year just gave me a lecture on not lying ( dunno why; i never lie!). I the process he made me sit and listen to dat story for like 5 mins ; dats cos he was trying to remember how it goes : sorry, this has nothing to do with the thread but .....its been a long day and im tired ! :(

Nishant

International 12th Man
This racism stuff has to stop! Not trying to get too involved...but y dont we chat cricket; we r after all fans and not the presidents of some cricket board!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Nishant said:
This racism stuff has to stop! Not trying to get too involved...but y dont we chat cricket; we r after all fans and not the presidents of some cricket board!
I started this thread as a very simple cricket story that I didn't remember from the time and wondered if anyone else did. It is not rascist in any way, but it has been hi-jacked by people wanting to turn it into something it isn't. Over half the Test playing nations are non-white, if we have to stop commenting on things for fear of being accused of rascism just because the theme of the thread is about a team who's skin happens to be a different colour to own we might as well all give up now.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
silentstriker said:
The racism talk is tiring. The person may just be an idiot - not necesarrily racist. In any case, its just a board. Let's fight about Warne vs. Murali :ph34r: , not Asia vs. Everyone else. After the last month, its REALLY wearing thin.

I just want to bash all the Ponting bashers, and get back to discussing who's going to lose the Ashes, instead of seeing this crap in every damn thread where people just unite by nationalities and start slamming each other.
Hear hear.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by silentstriker
The racism talk is tiring. The person may just be an idiot - not necesarrily racist. In any case, its just a board. Let's fight about Warne vs. Murali , not Asia vs. Everyone else. After the last month, its REALLY wearing thin.

I just want to bash all the Ponting bashers, and get back to discussing who's going to lose the Ashes, instead of seeing this crap in every damn thread where people just unite by nationalities and start slamming each other.
Originally Posted by 16 tins of Spam

Hear hear.
First of all I'm branded a racist dispite not making anything resembling a racist comment, now I may just be an idiot instead. :-O Hmmmnnn.

Anyway, thank you to the two people who actually answered my original question.:D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
shortpitched713 said:
To be fair, I think SS was speaking more in general, and not neccessarily calling you an idiot.
I was making a general statement - I don't even know what Lillian said...and frankly I'm too tired to even get into it and find out.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
First of all I'm branded a racist dispite not making anything resembling a racist comment, now I may just be an idiot instead. :-O Hmmmnnn.

Anyway, thank you to the two people who actually answered my original question.:D
My comment wasn't directed at you, Lillian. A short while ago there was a lot of accusations of racism flying around - my "hear, hear" was simply cheering what SS was saying, ie. a general statement about people's attitudes.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Lillian Thomson said:
First of all I'm branded a racist dispite not making anything resembling a racist comment, now I may just be an idiot instead.
I'd agree with that. :p