• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marnus got picked as a #5/6 spin bowling allrounder for pakistan initially though, didn't he?
wut no did you dream that

Anyway McSweeney's technique looks a lot more organised than Marnus does. It's a pick for the future just as much as it is on what he is doing right now

Spark

Global Moderator
His decline will be studied
I mean it's a pretty straightforward case of a guy who should have been backed despite his lean patch, his confidence fell of a cliff and his entire game followed thereafter. Won't be the first to go like that; having the trust and belief of the higher ups can easily make or break a career.

But it is wild that a guy who played two Tests and peeled off a hundred (admittedly against a frankly grade standard attack on a road) has vanished so completely from the scene by age 30 that he can't make his state team.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hope Rachin's doing alright. He must feel pretty sick about that drop in the 2nd over. Of course if he catches it there's no guarantees the game ends any different as that means Head isn't getting dismissed next ball (though I think bowling to 2 left handers would've been maybe a little easier). Overall his performance in this series gets a definite pass mark given what we would've expected from Nicholls.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I'm of the same mind but tbf he's not in a dissimilar position to where Marnus was when he first got picked, basically on eye test.
From what I have seen, his biggest problem has been converting starts
Nice enough technique

thundaboult

International Debutant
In all seriousness, I expect this nz side from 2014-ish to now to be good enough at winning away tests anywhere and also the world cups. They're definitely good enough. Just sense from their words and body language that the staff, players don't actually believe that themselves and are quite ok with being mid. Cricket at any given time only has 4 or 5 teams (sometimes less) who are actually competitive and there is a world cup every year. We are one of those 4 or 5 teams. No excuses on why we shouldn't be winning gold.

It ain't like football where there's legit 20 or 30 competitive teams hence reducing your chances of winning gold consistently.