• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia tour of New Zealand Feb-Mar 2024

Flem274*

123/5
I'm glad the most openly woke cricketer on the planet is essentially Captain Australia.

I hope all those mining losers are grinding their teeth as he wins yet another game for the team they sponsor.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats Australia, too many threats all the way through and good leadership.

Some of our players can be very proud, the lead amongst them Matt Henry. However a few too many non-performers including the SP, some questionable tactics and the fruits of (I'm guessing) never running catching drills any more, meant we came up short.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stead and Kuggs **** off forever. Southee thanks for all the memories but gotta hang up those whites mate
What's Stead's excuse going to be for the SP's performance here. I mean, it actually was pretty windy in Christchurch over the 5 days, so perhaps he can dust off the Basin excuse, but I reckon he'll go with the age-old 'he was nursing an injury line'. The guy just isn't up to it - Stead or the SP. Neither of them should be seen around a NZ squad again, but all take the permanent absence of the latter as a massive step forward.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Fabulous chase given the circumstances. Brilliant from these two and Marsh. Unlucky NZ. Great test match really.
Yeah terrific chase, and richly deserved win though NZ were certainly not unlucky in this series except maybe with injuries. Dropping catches with regularity for a start. Most teams wouldn’t lose from having the opposition 34/4 and then 80 -odd for 5 in this chase.

King Kane

International Debutant
Disappointing to lose from the position we were in at the start of the day, if we had Jamieson or even Wagner out there today we probably get the win.

Jezroy

State Captain
Well… what a disappointing day to sum up a disappointing series.

A dropped catch.

Southee and SK AWOL.

Why didn’t Ravindra get a bowl?

A bit of hope.

Poor selections.

Players out of form and position.

Not the result NZ were after.

Will they learn their lesson? Probs not as long as the coach stays the same. Definitely not if the captain stays the same.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Disappointing to lose from the position we were in at the start of the day, if we had Jamieson or even Wagner out there today we probably get the win.
I felt the bowling and tactics were equally crap during that 1-run win against England last year. That win really masked NZ’s questionable approach to defending mid-range totals. Wagner and KJ may have made a difference, but other than the short ball barrage not sure if NZ would have responded any better to the flow of runs.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Keep finding ways to win"

Sure that's a good thing. Although maybe you could not get yourselves in sitautions where you need to "find ways to win"