• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
No it went down… I was keeping an eye on the TMO vs Charminster game… Charminster needed ten runs and TMOs needed one wicket!
Was just going on to see how that game went - that increases the anticipation!

Now is a great time for anyone with bids active for players who are off the market in the next couple hours!

cnerd123

likes this
1668920652177.png

Awesome result, smashing the current World Champions with a relatively young XI! Raun Shkorer 65 off 42, Andy Li of FHK making his international debut as well. Scored a duck but took 2 key wickets in the powerplay!

1668920862511.png

Our next two matches are at CW grounds! @honestbharani @Magrat Garlick brown paper envelopes with pitch instructions and unmarked bills have been sent to your groundskeepers :ph34r:

ataraxia

International Coach
View attachment 33671

Awesome result, smashing the current World Champions with a relatively young XI! Raun Shkorer 65 off 42, Andy Li of FHK making his international debut as well. Scored a duck but took 2 key wickets in the powerplay!

View attachment 33672

Our next two matches are at CW grounds! @honestbharani @Magrat Garlick brown paper envelopes with pitch instructions and unmarked bills have been sent to your groundskeepers :ph34r:
Great stuff, NZ are very tough to beat in Stumped lol. Great to see Raun scoring international runs after a pretty terribad previous ODI season.

From a purely sideline POV I think Andy Li > Ghous Ghani of the young cnerd ARs (Iceman helping to balance out low experience). It's pretty ****ty that there's no better all-rounder to play, but nice that they get some games - even if they are a level below; pretty sure they're both far cries from Nat #7s.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
IN CWC 6 Premier League that close game between TMO and Charminster may have had a critical impact on determining the final 4.

Charminster in 5th are now 6 points adrift of 4th place - if they had won a tight game the points of 2nd to 5th place would have been 32, 31, 30 and 27.

The Geese were fortunate to win their game against Winton, which only served to stir the pot of soup in terms of who will qualify for the 4 final places.

Charminster can get their tilt at qualification back on track against 6th placed GG next week though (whose chance of qualification [on 15 points]) is all but mathematically gone).

A hard-fought encounter to potentially avoid the Wooden Spoon between AtaraX and Dynamo went to 'the Iron Dukes' (aka the Duke of Wellington), a team who have played much more competitively so far in the PL than their points tally would suggest.

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
yeah AX-W have done quite well. Still an absolute coup they got into the Premier Division and the main didn't!

Number of Dev players with disciplines over 32 skill:
  • AXI: 9
  • AXW: 2
Guys: do send out some challenges to either team if you wish; I'm very keen to get back into Stumped

cnerd123

likes this
From a purely sideline POV I think Andy Li > Ghous Ghani of the young cnerd ARs (Iceman helping to balance out low experience). It's pretty ****ty that there's no better all-rounder to play, but nice that they get some games - even if they are a level below; pretty sure they're both far cries from Nat #7s.
Zakir Adeel is the next big hope. If he gets to his potentials he'll be a lock at number 7 for a long time.

ataraxia

International Coach
Zakir Adeel is the next big hope. If he gets to his potentials he'll be a lock at number 7 for a long time.
I'd kinda immediately disregarded him because of the 2.9 BQ (you know how I harp on about it). Wasn't great the previous game either (3.7 on a green pitch, weird), so his bowling doesn't look to be quite yet up to scratch but yeah should be some prospect. From that team with like 4 young gun ARs lol.

cnerd123

likes this
I'd kinda immediately disregarded him because of the 2.9 BQ (you know how I harp on about it). Wasn't great the previous game either (3.7 on a green pitch, weird), so his bowling doesn't look to be quite yet up to scratch but yeah should be some prospect. From that team with like 4 young gun ARs lol.
He's pretty low touch and inexperienced so I think that's a factor. Current bowling skill quite good for his age and I think by the next T20 World Cup he'll be quite a solid player.

I really like these friendly matches. The players I'm currently fielding should be the side that we play at the next T20 WC. So I'm getting to test out all these combinations. Guys like Ghani and Andi will definitely have a role to play for us.

cnerd123

likes this
Brilliant 98 from Agnes Chow. Batted through the innings, unlucky to be dismissed in the final over just short of her century.

Arif Jalal and Nathan Law both chipping in with valuable cameos. 251 is proper #RunsOnTheBoard, but will be enough on a good batting deck against a world class opponent? I'll have to find out when I wake up in the morning.

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
Brilliant 98 from Agnes Chow. Batted through the innings, unlucky to be dismissed in the final over just short of her century.

Arif Jalal and Nathan Law both chipping in with valuable cameos. 251 is proper #RunsOnTheBoard, but will be enough on a good batting deck against a world class opponent? I'll have to find out when I wake up in the morning.
a fine effort - you had them rocking at 204/7! Jalal was a tad expensive but you cannot fault his performance or selection really after his 46* gave you a fighting total in the first place - You have absolutely pulverised their fitness levels - no consolation for you though , and looking at their OD T20 situation it is clear they have put everything they had into your match, in the hope they will recover for 2 weeks time and it will make no difference to their OD/T 20 finish

cnerd123

likes this
I should have bowled LOY out sooner and given Andy the death overs. Missed opportunity there.

Arif Jalal was a selection born out of necessity - I would have played Josh Wong but he was on 68% fitness before the game! Good selection tho, his runs were immensely valuable and he bowled okay.

Good effort considering FHK have never spent more than 1k on a player.