• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

Charlie B

U19 Vice-Captain
ok - i hold my hand up - and give up...what is BQ - i keep seeing it and when u tell me i will know it ..but i don't ! thanks

cnerd123

likes this
Disappointing loss again. Still frustrated that higher BQ than opposition consistently ends up with poorer results. Well done @cnerd123
in conditions like those, winning the toss is half the battle. Much easier to chase than set a score.

At 2/10 in 4.1 overs you were just another wicket away from cracking the game open, but Heshan and Raun batted brilliantly. By the time the 3rd wicket fell we were already in the 30th over. For contrast, we had already taken 4 wickets by this stage and a 5th soon after.

I do think that perhaps you could use another high movement bowler in your attack, and have more attacking fields in the first 25 overs of the innings. I go defensive with my attack quickly after the powerplay because they aren't as good. Your boys produced several chances that didn't go to hand because you didn't have any fielders in close!

cnerd123

likes this
ok - i hold my hand up - and give up...what is BQ - i keep seeing it and when u tell me i will know it ..but i don't ! thanks
Ball Quality

Shafi Ibrahim has hit some rich form lately:

1668699272402.png

7 fifties in his last 8 innings across Dev and OD cricket. Healthy strike rates too.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I do think that perhaps you could use another high movement bowler in your attack, and have more attacking fields in the first 25 overs of the innings. I go defensive with my attack quickly after the powerplay because they aren't as good. Your boys produced several chances that didn't go to hand because you didn't have any fielders in close!
Working on the high movement bowler. I don’t set aggressive fielding because I have lots of poor fielding players which drop frequently. I do have problems with the overall balance of the team. But still feel frequently my better higher quality players do not come good often. I thought that experience might help but that has not come true so far.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
in conditions like those, winning the toss is half the battle. Much easier to chase than set a score.
I tend to bat first in my home conditions. As long as Levy does not get out unlucky or run out stupidly his ability to deal with the moving ball allows for the lower order to put up good totals. And if I take early wickets it normally allows for enough pressure to continue to take wickets.

But it is why I get frustrated when my best bats get out to run outs and finger spinners in condition that do not suit them. But my fast bowlers go for lots of runs and struggle to take wickets. Hence my comment on the BQ.

cnerd123

likes this
Working on the high movement bowler. I don’t set aggressive fielding because I have lots of poor fielding players which drop frequently. I do have problems with the overall balance of the team. But still feel frequently my better higher quality players do not come good often. I thought that experience might help but that has not come true so far.
better to have dropped catches than missed chances IMO. Got to back your bowlers.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Need some advice for the TNT squad...

In particular Arif and Lenon? Should I keep both. Not keen on both having 2 x superstar traits as I am finding it difficult to train both and play both. If I keep them, my alternative is to change my team composition into 5 genuine quality bowlers (include both) But that means I drop one of my better batsmen to play Hadir (wk) in top 6. Part of this comes down to not having a genuine allrounder at the moment (40+ in both skill sets).

So should I go with the 5 bowler option. Or do I sell one of Arif or Lenon see what I can get. Might give me enough monies to get a decent allrounder later down the line? And which one do I sell?

cnerd123

likes this
Probably sell Arif. Lennon is younger.

Such a barebones squad. You need to think about progression planning eventually, and drafting in new players each season

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Probably sell Arif. Lennon is younger.
Only just... Arif (turned 17 this last week) and Lenon are both pulls. Do you think the NBS trait is better than the tail clearer trait? Should I put him up with a reserve?

Such a barebones squad. You need to think about progression planning eventually, and drafting in new players each season
Yeah, but I want to do it from strong financial point of view. Hence the barebones.

ataraxia

International Coach
RFSes on a home green mamba are going to inevitably register average BQs of three. I might actually suggest therefore changing your pitch to account for that.

Anyway, you need an AR it looks so probs bin one. I like NBS, and Lenon also has stamina in his favour.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
RFSes on a home green mamba are going to inevitably register average BQs of three. I might actually suggest therefore changing your pitch to account for that.

Anyway, you need an AR it looks so probs bin one. I like NBS, and Lenon also has stamina in his favour.
The pitch conditions are largely arbitrary at this stage... originally I was gonna go dry and slow... but pulled some decent seam bowlers, changed it, before then pulling a few decent spinners.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So I`m chasing 300 today... bowlers did not perform well, and I just have this feeling that my batting is gonna collapse. I really do feel like this game punishes on dice rolls.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
And there goes Davidson... getting out attacking a low BQ ball, because BQ doesn't appear to have any meaning.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Game over... can't even get a bonus point. Its pathetic how none of my best batsmen are ever consistent enough and are always getting out in unlucky ways. If they actually get a chance to score runs we tend to win games. My opponent best bats, 90% of the time, put up good runs not matter how good my bowlers bowl.