• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Cricket 2022

tony p

First Class Debutant
I’m all for supporting Essex but can’t see how they can avoid a fine for that match.
65 point penalty and relegation to division 2 would be fit. If that had have happened at Iford, Colchester or Southend, the Essex CEO would be saying we aren't taking cricket to outgrounds due to the poor pitches.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations @wpdavid. Surrey quite clearly the more complete team.

Really disappointing that one absolutely shocking innings has meant Hampshire could not take it to the last round. On the one hand I think the batting was just not good enough but then they could potentially end up winning 10 games which has got to be more than enough to win it in most seasons.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Congratulations @wpdavid. Surrey quite clearly the more complete team.

Really disappointing that one absolutely shocking innings has meant Hampshire could not take it to the last round. On the one hand I think the batting was just not good enough but then they could potentially end up winning 10 games which has got to be more than enough to win it in most seasons.
Thank you. As you say, one hour of madness a couple days ago did for Hampshire. Without that, Kent would have probably have been beaten and we'd be looking at the weather forecasts for next week. Whatever my views on the matter, Surrey's strategy of batting deep was probably key to this, offsetting the subsequent absence of a proper spinner. Who'd have thought that Alec Stewart and Gareth Batty know more about these things than I do? Oh, and while I'm at it, kudos to young Lawes, who was our best bowler in the first innings here after I'd suggested that he should have been left out for a spinner.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Congratulations Surrey, a very well deserved championship and one achieved for the most part with home-grown talent which is nice to see.

I've been very impressed by Lawes, he looks to be one of the few bowlers who can swing it both ways with no change of action. The next Anderson?

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
A decent season for Kent in the end after a terrible start. Won a cup and look to be staying in div 1.
Kent have in theory the easier remaining game, at home too. The Hampshire win was huge though.

I suppose if you look at it on the whole, most teams would take those achievements. Felt pretty miserable for the first two thirds of the season though!

Batting is always likely to be the side's stronger suit but could do with looking at the bowling options. Gilchrist has been a good find.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Warwickshire season has been bizarre they are a very good side
Alex Davies looked a great signing but he hasn't been able to buy a run this season. Rob Yates hasn't had a great year either. And their bowling seems very dependent on Hannon-Dalby. Briggs and Brookes have taken their wickets at 43 and 52 respectively.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Alex Davies looked a great signing but he hasn't been able to buy a run this season. Rob Yates hasn't had a great year either. And their bowling seems very dependent on Hannon-Dalby. Briggs and Brookes have taken their wickets at 43 and 52 respectively.
Bowling attack has had a lot injuries. Liam Norwell was our attack leader last season but has missed most of this one. Miles and Sidebottom have both missed a lot of games. Then there are Woakes and Stone who've been more predictable absentees, but we'd usually expect to get at least a couple of games from each of them. Hannon-Dalby has stepped up better than I'd have expected, given all that.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
Bowling attack has had a lot injuries. Liam Norwell was our attack leader last season but has missed most of this one. Miles and Sidebottom have both missed a lot of games. Then there are Woakes and Stone who've been more predictable absentees, but we'd usually expect to get at least a couple of games from each of them. Hannon-Dalby has stepped up better than I'd have expected, given all that.
Fair enough. It's a bit disappointing that Brookes hasn't done better in that case. He has pace and isn't a complete newbie any more.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Something poetic in how, having spent the first half of the season conceding 500+ first innings scores to basically everyone, your big win came by skittling a title contender for 57.
Yeah Hampshire were one of those teams as well, made 650/6 against them earlier in the season.

Since then Kent have beat them in the semi final of the one day cup and cost them a chance at the title.

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Crawley looking good. He's going to hit his first big score of the entire season in the final round just to relegate Warwickshire* isn't he...

*And further extend his Test run.