• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3rd Test at the SCG, Sydney, 7 Jan - 11 Jan 2021

thierry henry

International Coach
Asked with only mild snark - do many neutrals relish a Smith/Labuskuggner partnership? Feels like experiencing a slow and inevitable death to me.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is probably really well discussed by now but can someone please link me to the explanation as to why/how Saha is suddenly keeping?

aussie tragic

International Captain
This is probably really well discussed by now but can someone please link me to the explanation as to why/how Saha is suddenly keeping?
Pant is injured and 3 years ago ICC changed the rules that WKs could be subbed for fielding. Saha can't bat though so India gets Saha's keeping skills with Pants batting skills.

thierry henry

International Coach
Part of me biasedly feels like a lot of stuff tends to run Marnus’s way, but another part feels like he (and Smith) seem to get out in ‘unlucky’ ways a lot? Feels like a lot of strangles, leg slip or leg gully catches, very rarely getting genuinely ‘bowled out’.

Spark

Global Moderator
Part of me biasedly feels like a lot of stuff tends to run Marnus’s way, but another part feels like he (and Smith) seem to get out in ‘unlucky’ ways a lot? Feels like a lot of strangles, leg slip or leg gully catches, very rarely getting genuinely ‘bowled out’.
With Smith at least, it's often a deliberate plan to get him out like that tbf.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pant knocked on the elbow, injury sub.

Also ****
Since when were you allowed injury subs for keepers?

Also is Pant still going to be allowed to bat if he's fit enough to? Because if so it seems that an injury is a convenient way to get the batting skills of Pant and the keeping skills of Saha. Seems like it's something that could quite easily be taken advantage of. For example a keeper plays a long innings and then feels like a rest so claims a calf strain...

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Leg side theory is kinda inherently stunted by bodyline laws.