• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
How do you recommend training keepers? Better to go with Keeping/Batting alternating or is Keeper-batsman worth investing in?

Plan to get his tech up to ave, batting to ave and then work on his keeping and fielding at the moment but if anyone has better ways to train a keeper I'm all ears :)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I'd be looking at getting the technique up high before considering keeper-batsman training. Until then just swap between batting/batting technique, keeping and fielding. Keeper-batsman is faster overall for the primaries but the technique suffers.

HeathDavisSpeed

How much does it take to get an increase in experience? I have this chap...

Navman Cheesecake >> Andrew Mace >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Navman Cheesecake Talents Skilled (Power)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $2,314 Rating 29,390
Nationality New Zealand Age 20
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience dreadful Captaincy ordinary
Endurance ordinary Training Batting
Batting reliable Bowling poor
Technique reasonable Power average
Keeping poor Fielding poor

A decent player, but his experience is "dreadful".

I've had this player since I joined From the Pavilion and he has not yet had a single experience increase. He has played 3 one-dayers, 17 2020s and 29 youth games for my side. I realise youth games give significantly less experience, but surely that match tally would give him an experience increase? Is there any other way to boost experience?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Youth Games and T20 seem to do sweet **** all for experience. Seems being a first team regular is the only way to get quickish improvements. Most youths playing only YOD and T20 will still be dreadful by the time they hit 20.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
There was a slight increase to experience in youth games last season, so they should all be at least poor by the time they're finished there. I'd say your guy would be close to a pop.

NZTailender

Got ambushed today by a Pakistani team in a friendly tournament. Lost by about 50, and had 10k more ratings than them. Think fatigue is hitting us hard.

Edit: probably wasn't the fatigue factor, since they have no effect in friendlies, unless current player fatigue is used but their fatigue levels aren't affected by the friendly? i.e. a player with satisfactory health will play as satisfactory but it won't dip after the match?

Last edited:

NZTailender

May have just been ordinary tactics and that they have a better team than the ratings would suggest. Pitch was for bowling though and we batted poorly.

HeathDavisSpeed

Just pulled this guy from the youth training programme:

Navman Cheesecake >> Owen Findlay >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Navman Cheesecake Talents Gifted (Technique), Slower Ball
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $1,076 Rating 15,862
Nationality Scotland Age 16
Form average Fatigue energetic
Experience atrocious Captaincy reasonable
Endurance dreadful Training Batting
Batting reasonable Bowling atrocious
Technique poor Power poor
Keeping dreadful Fielding poor

First time that I've pulled a "reasonable" batsman, he's got Gifted Technique and he's only 16! Would he be worth a few bob? Or if I was to train him in batting, how good would be be by 20?

Also, if I train him in "Batting" does he still get the "Technique Training Bonus" from his Talent?

NZTailender

He should fetch a fair price. Not sure about the gifted batting thing and training though, but it's reccommended that you train youths in bat/bowl tech early on because tech slows down later on.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Train him on endurance first, just until it gets to poor, then batting technique for the rest of the season. Give him one endurance pop each season. He should be at least accomplished/accomplished when he turns 20.

He does still get the gifted technique bonus if you train batting, but his technique is too low to not train it at this stage. He's probably a future national player though.

HeathDavisSpeed

Thanks for the tips guys. I need all the help I can get with this game. A new team (the guy only joined on the 14th December) managed a rating 10k higher than me in his first game! I must be doing something pretty wrong! My team just isn't improving quickly enough. My best two players are only 'Reliable'.

Bobisback

International Regular
Meh, took me months to get a reliable.

As for the advice these guys are giving. Disagree with them in the most shocking way. I would train him on batting tech all the way until he is 19, take advantage of him being young, he already has a touch of power, and a touch of fielding, so you can leave them for a few seasons, and he should get 2 pops in endurance through the batting tech training. When he hits 20, get his seconds up.

I know i dont have the most successful team here, but im sure if you asked all of them (except Scaly) which team they would prefer, mine or theres, they would probably go mine.