• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
You might get ratings of 90k, but you play like a team with 70k ratings. Must cus they have a poor manager. :p

On a slightly more serious note. Is there a reason why my sponsorship has stayed the same all season. Seems a tad strange, you you have to buy PRs or something?
I would say, all managers with 70k are not poor managers....

Consider me as an example.. Even though I have 70 - 77 k rating every match... you should not consider as a poor manager.. :) as I do lot more better than many teams which 10k higher than me just because my tactics succeed on that particular day.

Do you know why I do not have higher ratings....?

Guess....

The reason is I dont buy or transfer players.. I like playing with the players coming from my youth club, training camps... thats it...

I use only the players that are trained in my clubs..

For some reason, I hate buying players/transfering players....Till date, I never transferred or bought a player..:)

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
My tactics on batting pitches are bad, on bowling pitches I do fine. In my defense I didn't have time to set my orders this week, so I have a minor excuse for losing to those teams.

Still ranked in the top 20 in the world though.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I would say, all managers with 70k are not poor managers....

Consider me as an example.. Even though I have 70 - 77 k rating every match... you should not consider as a poor manager.. :) as I do lot more better than many teams which 10k higher than me just because my tactics succeed on that particular day.

Do you know why I do not have higher ratings....?

Guess....

The reason is I dont buy or transfer players.. I like playing with the players coming from my youth club, training camps... thats it...

I use only the players that are trained in my clubs..

For some reason, I hate buying players/transfering players....Till date, I never transferred or bought a player..:)
Never brought in any players either and still get 20k plus ratings on you. You just suck tbh.

But I guess with purely NZ talent base to choice from your players are always going to be crap.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just checked my results from Fridays OD League game.

Central 2/452
Brown 240*(155)

Louis D'Or 10/138
Brown 3/7(5)

Good match for the Aussie International.

Bobisback

International Regular
Never brought in any players either and still get 20k plus ratings on you. You just suck tbh.

But I guess with purely NZ talent base to choice from your players are always going to be crap.
Your team isnt that good, its just that you chose to promote your better youths and get them experience, you will be left behind by the teams who didnt do that in a couple of season time.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Your team isnt that good, its just that you chose to promote your better youths and get them experience, you will be left behind by the teams who didnt do that in a couple of season time.
Probably, though I think it will depend on how fast those types of teams top youth players gain experience to catch up. Also it not like my 2nd string youths are that bad and half those guys will make the long term starting XI.

Last rule change I heard was that senior's experience will be dropping and youth's will be increasing. Which sounds like a positive thing for those youth based sides. But if all their top youths are playing seniors next season. It will only be the next lot of youths that will benefit from more youth experience. Also if senior's experience is lowered then it might take longer to catch up in experience. So those sides will be depending highly on international matches to gain experience.

In short it might take more then two seasons to fall behind the pack. Not that I really care. I would buy players if I did.

Raghav

ok accepted ...

what about your team when we played in CW league 1... you lost by over 98 runs.. did your rankings help in winning that match? :)

If my team sucks. then your team "must double suck" on that basis :laugh:
:)

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The key not winning one match Raghav, it how you go through out the season. Lost one off matches to a lot worse sides then you in FTP.

Raghav

The key not winning one match Raghav, it how you go through out the season. Lost one off matches to a lot worse sides then you in FTP.
i too understand man....

cool

But, will there be any difference in talent levels from country to country

Bobisback

International Regular
Last rule change I heard was that senior's experience will be dropping and youth's will be increasing. Which sounds like a positive thing for those youth based sides. But if all their top youths are playing seniors next season. It will only be the next lot of youths that will benefit from more youth experience. Also if senior's experience is lowered then it might take longer to catch up in experience. So those sides will be depending highly on international matches to gain experience.
Thats true, but next season you could theoretically play your guns in T20 YOD SOD and Cup matches, sure they will be ****ed, but they will gain tonnes of experience.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thats true, but next season you could theoretically play your guns in T20 YOD SOD and Cup matches, sure they will be ****ed, but they will gain tonnes of experience.
Yea, that's part of the reason why it's worth training endurance early on your future stars - they'll have more experience later because they'll play more.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bought this 16yo for 200k

Denis Jeffrey >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Choccy Lovers Talents Bouncer
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $876 Rating 19,137
Nationality Zimbabwe Age 16
Form average Fatigue rested
Experience dreadful Captaincy reasonable
Endurance poor
Batting dreadful Bowling reasonable
Technique ordinary Power ordinary
Keeping atrocious Fielding dreadful

I know they're not hugely cheap by market standards, but in real terms they're a bargain. Hopefully they've good sublevels. They should expert bowl when they're a young 19yo. I think when I offload Tomasi I'll sell/fire my weaker youths and just flood the squad with undervalued 16 and 17 year olds like this.

Last edited:

Bobisback

International Regular
Youth Academy: lavish Your academy investment last week resulted in an improvement in your academy condition

Gun.

04 Aug 2008 Baba Jinadasa Technique average reasonable
04 Aug 2008 Nayana Vithana Technique average reasonable
04 Aug 2008 Ukkuwa Rajapakse Batting reasonable capable

Slow week in training though, and a horrible youth pull.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
04 Aug 2008 Chandra Gamaarachchi Experience atrocious dreadful
04 Aug 2008 Chaminda Hadigalle Technique ordinary average
04 Aug 2008 Pediya Wickramapala Keeping poor ordinary
04 Aug 2008 Nuwan Vitharana Endurance dreadful poor
04 Aug 2008 Chandra Gamaarachchi Bowling capable reliable

Happy with Gamaarachchi, 17yo reliable, pretty decent. Other pops are handy. Decent YP as well. Technically my best seamer ever, but that say more about the rest of the crap I had over the years.

Jaffna Jets >> Dharmaratna Dorenagama >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Jaffna Jets Talents Skilled (Bowling), Safe Hands
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $1,004 Rating 16,312
Nationality Sri Lanka Age 16
Form reasonable Fatigue energetic
Experience dreadful Captaincy poor
Endurance atrocious Training Bowling Technique
Batting poor Bowling average
Technique ordinary Power dreadful
Keeping ordinary Fielding dreadful