• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Majin

International Debutant
None whatsoever.

Won pretty easily today, opener got a 110* off 55-odd balls which was the highlight of the game for me. Was bowling a pile of dross 'cause resting some bowlers and accidentally opened with a spinner but it all turned out alright in the end.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ratings will have likely gone up due to the cup experience being added belatedly.
Ratings increase was noticed for my youth side, so I doubt that would have made a difference. Just replaced a reliable/average bat with dread power with a reas/reas bat with average power. Same endurance and experience for both. But top order batting increased due to power IMO, as everything else was the same.

Majin

International Debutant
Haha, such an epic match today in the YOD. Was up against Fjermestad, both had the same amount of points and he was in first place in the league and it pretty much decided who got promoted. Was an away game and he had his pitch set to crumbling and was playing four spinners.

Thought the minimum i'd need was 160, managed to just about scrape it with 163. Thought it was going to be a tense hard chase but with my new look seam attack rolled him all out for 79. Loved it :D

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm huge favourite for my Youth OD now after the other team on 9-1 lost, so now I'm 10-1 with 3 teams I outrate by 20k+ left to play, as well as having a healthy NRR advantage now.

Good odds I'll win my other two divisions, virtually certain to get 2nd at least which would get me promoted.

HeathDavisSpeed

I am so **** at this game. My youth team's not bad, but my first XI are appalling. It appears I'm in the same division as another CricketWeb member, Lordeman, as he smashed me this week with the Agrajag Mirrors.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
1 x endurance to capable
1 x endurance to reasonable
1 x endurance to accomplished
2 x power to reasonable
1 x technique to ordinary

I think I'll have the fittest team in FTP by the beginning of next season, all seniors will be accomplished, all youths will be capable.

Bobisback

International Regular
24 Jul 2008 Citaka Rangnekar Experience dreadful poor
24 Jul 2008 Ukkuwa Senanayake Experience reasonable capable
24 Jul 2008 Dharmadasa Hathurusingha Batting average reasonable
24 Jul 2008 Citaka Rangnekar Technique average reasonable

Decent enough.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Had a number of good pops. Capable batsman to reasonable bowling, reliable bat to average tech, capable bat to average tech, reasonable bat to reasonable tech, RF to poor power, 2 players to average endurance and 1 to reasonable endurance.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
24 Jul 2008 Sanath Andrahennadi Endurance average reasonable
24 Jul 2008 Chaminda Ushanthi Technique poor ordinary
24 Jul 2008 Hetuwa Ratnayake Keeping average reasonable
24 Jul 2008 Ruwan Rifan Batting reasonable capable
24 Jul 2008 Chandradasa Deshapriya Endurance ordinary average
24 Jul 2008 Chaminda Ushanthi Bowling ordinary average

Decent week, 2nd XI coming along nicely all above capable now.

Scaly piscine

1 x endurance to capable
1 x endurance to reasonable
1 x endurance to accomplished
2 x power to reasonable
1 x technique to ordinary

I think I'll have the fittest team in FTP by the beginning of next season, all seniors will be accomplished, all youths will be capable.

Probably. I'm not being as extreme as that as I don't want the best times to train all used up with fitness training.

Date Player Name Skill From To
24 Jul 2008 Heath Whiting Technique ordinary average
24 Jul 2008 Gordon Cottam Technique average reasonable
24 Jul 2008 David Tomasi Bowling reliable accomplished
24 Jul 2008 Heath Whiting Keeping capable reliable

If anyone wants Whiting or Tomasi let me know. I'll be wanting to arrange a small fortune for their purchases this season or next.

06. Heath Whiting >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Scaly Piscine CC Talents Gifted (Endurance)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast medium
Wage $2,126 Rating 30,801
Nationality England Age 19
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience ordinary Captaincy dreadful
Endurance reasonable Training Keeper-Batsman
Batting capable Bowling poor
Technique average Power poor
Keeping reliable Fielding poor

David Tomasi >> Details
Player Details
Team (Senior) Scaly Piscine CC Talents Natural Leader
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Finger spin
Wage $2,386 Rating 29,384
Nationality England Age 18
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience ordinary Captaincy poor
Endurance average Training Bowling
Batting poor Bowling accomplished
Technique reasonable Power ordinary
Keeping ordinary Fielding dreadful

Last edited:

Lordeman

Cricket Spectator
I am so **** at this game. My youth team's not bad, but my first XI are appalling. It appears I'm in the same division as another CricketWeb member, Lordeman, as he smashed me this week with the Agrajag Mirrors.
Haha, yeah. Was quite a nice win, that one. :) I'm in the same league as you for YOD too, IIRC.