• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bat and Ball Bashers Scaly Piscine CC
Batting - Top Order: 4,999 4,893
Batting - Middle Order: 4,527 4,661
Batting - Tail: 2,369 3,010
Bowling - Seam: 4,982 (4) 4,578 (4)
Bowling - Spin: 4,481 (6) 5,237 (6)
Fielding/Keeping: 5,832 5,376
Overall: 86,114 88,241

Won by 5 wickets, my skilled bowler McFarlane making the difference with 3-26 off 10 whilst everyone else went for 4+ an over. Should have a few easy senior matches now and hopefully have the fatigue recovered for the cup match in round 6.

Majin

International Debutant
Despite the fact that my batting lineup is packed, aside from the first match I had they've failed consistently and it's starting to get a bit annoying. On a flat deck with batting all the way down to 9 and currently wallowing at about 150 for 7. Don't really know what I'm supposed to do to rectify it, unless it's all the fault of the generally low tech ratings they have. Either way it is annoying 'cause my bowling is useless

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can anyone give me some hints/tips/PrimaStrategyGuide on what I should do to start off? Apologies if there's some obvious link.

Scaly piscine

Well a few things that you need to think about, particularly those that are different to BT.

Experience actually matters. To give you an idea it would maybe equate to 1/3 of a level of primary.
Technique matters a lot more than cons in BT. It's not far off the importance of the primary.
Since everyone gets training unless you're training someone who's complete rubbish you may as well fill out your squad (younger players preferably).
Fatigue is as much of an issue as PFL in BT. You will have to rotate your senior sides - that's where your big squad comes in.
Pitches and conditions make a big difference.
Players appear to tire out quite badly in-game, the result of that in FTP isn't like that in BT. In FTP batsmen will just likely get out instead of hitting a stamina wall. Bowlers likewise seem to stop being a threat and will get milked by even tailend rubbish.
Equally skilled bowlers aren't equal between types. Fast bowlers are rare and are the best. Wrist spinners and FMs are also good. Mediums are the worst and are ten a penny.

Generally speaking the optimum time to sell is when a player hits capable bat or bowl, you can get a good 500k+ for younger players which is a huge amount at this stage of the game. The main strategy if I was starting out would be to buy cheap averages/reasonables and fill out both squads, sell them as you see fit and keep hold of any genuine long-term talent. Focus your investment on the youth squad as that's where you'll generate your gun long term players, most of your current seniors will get superseded by youth pulls within a couple of seasons. Try and sell your older senior players sooner rather than later.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cheers Scales. :)

I didn't really have anyone of note who was younger. And my senior squad was a bit meh. If I had anyone decent in my youth squad, should I promote them straight away?

Scaly piscine

I'd probably leave them in the youth squad as they'll get demoted back anyway at the end of the season - so it makes it easier to just leave them as they are and fill both squads without having to worry about players being swapped around.

As for how much to invest it depends what you can afford really.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Huntington (Otago) and Cassimy (BEST Indies) both involved in the first FTP international game. WI 65 for no loss in humid & green conditions - interestingly NZ have opted for two fast bowlers opening, WI have gone for two medium pacers.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Didn't realise this was the first ever FTP international. Will be interesting to see how Cassimy gets on.

EDIT: 2 quick wickets down. 93/2. Cassimy will be next into bat.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Huntington (Otago) and Cassimy (BEST Indies) both involved in the first FTP international game. WI 65 for no loss in humid & green conditions - interestingly NZ have opted for two fast bowlers opening, WI have gone for two medium pacers.
Pick of the bowlers for NZ IMO.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Scott Elliot opened for Australia today, he's my only international player so far. He doesn't even play for Male Models, but he was promoted from my academy!

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
I've got three youth players on the market if anybody is interested.

This player is for sale on the transfer market Male Models >> Khalil Khalil >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Male Models Talents Slower Ball
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $804 Rating 18,872
Nationality UAE UAE Age 17
Form average Fatigue revived
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance ordinary Training Batting Technique
Batting average Bowling dreadful
Technique poor Power poor
Keeping dreadful Fielding poor

This player is for sale on the transfer market Male Models >> Gadil Mousa >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Male Models Talents Skilled (Batting), Gifted (Fielding)
Bats Left hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $866 Rating 16,008
Nationality UAE UAE Age 17
Form reasonable Fatigue rested
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling Technique
Batting atrocious Bowling average
Technique ordinary Power dreadful
Keeping atrocious Fielding poor

This player is for sale on the transfer market Male Models >> Faraz Salih >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Male Models Talents Finisher, Gifted (Power)
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Medium
Wage $1,304 Rating 22,201
Nationality UAE UAE Age 18
Form capable Fatigue rested
Experience atrocious Captaincy reasonable
Endurance poor Training Fitness
Batting dreadful Bowling average
Technique average Power dreadful
Keeping ordinary Fielding ordinary

Scaly piscine

Scott Elliot opened for Australia today, he's my only international player so far. He doesn't even play for Male Models, but he was promoted from my academy!
My guy Gibbs got him anyway along with the rest of Australia's top 3. My WI NT didn't play.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Swamibapa CC contributing the backbone of the Kenya side with Both opening bowlers, an openner and Hala Ngwale at four. Just like the Real Swamibapa CC:laugh:

Scaly piscine

Swamibapa CC contributing the backbone of the Kenya side with Both opening bowlers, an openner and Hala Ngwale at four. Just like the Real Swamibapa CC:laugh:
Looks like they're carrying the form of Swamibapa CC through to the Kenya team.

Oh and time for FTP to be a sub-forum methinks.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was waiting until be had more then 15 or so managers that play it tbh. Before I ask James and the mods. But the current lot a pretty active.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Despite the fact that my batting lineup is packed, aside from the first match I had they've failed consistently and it's starting to get a bit annoying. On a flat deck with batting all the way down to 9 and currently wallowing at about 150 for 7. Don't really know what I'm supposed to do to rectify it, unless it's all the fault of the generally low tech ratings they have. Either way it is annoying 'cause my bowling is useless
Can anyone give me some hints/tips/PrimaStrategyGuide on what I should do to start off? Apologies if there's some obvious link.
Start off with the average.

SL off to a great start. And the Banga-Zim match so far has been great!
There is spot open in our CW Championship in Division Two if any of you guys wants. First game will be against Tozzer, so an easy win.