• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Double Match Day - India v West Indies (30th Sept)

James

Cricket Web Owner
To make it easier for discussion, I've created this thread for discussion on today's India v West Indies match.

ret

International Debutant
With Pak restricted to 200 odd, Aus should win unless a miracle happens. This means that the last game of grp A is a mere formality

In that case India could be better off testing the bench strength or at least bringing in Nayar in place of Bhajji, who should be kicked out of the team. If you can't do well on a Centurian wkt esp like the one against Aus, you probably are not at the top of the game. May be India should try out someone else in the series against OZ

Some one like Nayar could be more useful at Jo'berg! Both for his batting and gentle medium

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The way they label Abhishek Nayar as 'gentle medium pace' and keep talking like he's got no chance is irksome, to say the least. He's a steady medium-pacer who has done a job well for all the teams that gave him a chance, and is under-rated. Similar players are doing well in other teams despite the 'gentle medium pace' style of theirs. He's also not a top batsman, so he's under a lot less pressure. They've already axed their two best capable all-rounders, so they'll need him a lot more right now.

Now they lose Ishant Sharma. While he had to be dropped on form, that they've lost their best pace bowler is a serious problem. Player management has been at a low for a long time here.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
The way they label Abhishek Nayar as 'gentle medium pace' and keep talking like he's got no chance is irksome, to say the least.
How do you equate to describing 'gentle medium pace' as talking as if he is no chance .... and I haven't heard a word like 'fiery medium' if you know what I am implying

Anyways, good to see Nayar in but he should have replaced Bhajji. Tendulkar out is a surprise but again this game could be a mere formality considering Aus is well placed to win against Pak

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not an ideal start for WI. One wicket for no runs after three overs!

pasag

RTDAS
I remember posting a while back that India were hitting awesome ODI form, but it was a pity it was at the wrong time, between major tournaments and this really proves that very well. Big tourney comes and Sehwag, Yuvraj and now Tendulkar are out injured, very unlucky (on top of the obvious unluckiness of getting knocked out after the first game). Stars just not aligning for India.

Howsie

International Captain
Watched quite abit of Kieran Powell in the under 19 WC a few years back, he was probably the most dominate batsmen there. Very Chris Gayle like from what I noticed.

ret

International Debutant
I remember posting a while back that India were hitting awesome ODI form, but it was a pity it was at the wrong time, between major tournaments and this really proves that very well. Big tourney comes and Sehwag, Yuvraj and now Tendulkar are out injured, very unlucky (on top of the obvious unluckiness of getting knocked out after the first game). Stars just not aligning for India.
Hopefully things will fall in to place when it matters the most, WC11 :)

_Ed_

Watched quite abit of Kieran Powell in the under 19 WC a few years back, he was probably the most dominate batsmen there. Very Chris Gayle like from what I noticed.
Golden duck on debut and 5 from 15 balls today...probably not ready for international cricket just yet.

Uppercut

Yeah, Zaheer too, although he is injured a fair bit of the time.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Lot of teams getting the injury bug, wonder how many players are out?

Still been a cracker of a tournament in stark contrast to 07's poorness.