• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Group B Discussion - South Africa, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, England

Lostman

State Captain
At Jo'burg, teams should play at least 4 good seamers......obviously if they are available for them...

This is why they should have played Asif against WI......
I agree with this.
SL had a tough decision today. It was a selection between Thushara and Mendis, and both had been bowling well. Against England, I think they made the right choice in Mendis despite the favorable fast bowling conditions.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
At Jo'burg, teams should play at least 4 good seamers......obviously if they are available for them...

This is why they should have played Asif against WI......
if Asif was playing westindies would not have crossed 50, cuz i see Asif bowling a couple of months ago, he was almost same as he used to be

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
I agree with this.
SL had a tough decision today. It was a selection between Thushara and Mendis, and both had been bowling well. Against England, I think they made the right choice in Mendis despite the favorable fast bowling conditions.
But Mendis is a finger bowler his beauty is that he needs only slight movement, his real strength is his length and his deception.....in my opinion he doesn't always need the most gripping pitch...he can do with out and i think plays a major role in his selection....

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
if Asif was playing westindies would not have crossed 50, cuz i see Asif bowling a couple of months ago, he was almost same as he used to be
I know but the problem is, with Rana bowling decent plus a batting option, it will be tough to play Asif.....however, they should have played him and 1 less batsman perhaps...i still think a great bowler like Asif should not be sidelined for the sake of a Rana.....Asif is a gifted bowler and even if it costs Pakistan to give up a bowling all rounder do so........train Aamir to become a better batsman......

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I know but the problem is, with Rana bowling decent plus a batting option, it will be tough to play Asif.....however, they should have played him and 1 less batsman perhaps...i still think a great bowler like Asif should not be sidelined for the sake of a Rana.....Asif is a gifted bowler and even if it costs Pakistan to give up a bowling all rounder do so........train Aamir to become a better batsman......
well at wanderers they don't need 2 spinners, so prorbably ajmal should have been sacrificed, Rana will be an automatic pick cuz he was prefered over abdul Razzaq, so he's playing as an alrounder