• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin reacts to the presentation

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
silentstriker said:
He was shaken up because he killed a pigeon? WTF?

If I saw an opposing batsmen being deeply affected by the death of a pigeon, I'd have enough sledging material to last a lifetime. And I'd make him bat on too. Water?

Oh man, I really hope thats not true, because I hold Kapil Dev as one of my heroes.
ss, u really need to be an Indian who lives in India to understand what it means for normal people here when you kill a living thing. I suppose there is a bit of hypocrisy here in that u probably won't expect Kapil to feel this way if he were to kill a mosquito or an ant (they are living things too), but you hit a stroke and it kills a beautiful bird, most normal human beings will be shaken up by it.

And secondly, I have been corrected by my uncle regarding this. Being shaken up wasn't the only reason Kapil asked for some water. According to Indian tradition, you tend to take a shower to cleanse yourself of the sin if you happen to kill a living thing and it seems Kapil wanted to just pour a bottle of water over his head for that too. Anyways, AB was a major jerk that day and I still hate him for it.

And about Ponting, Nnanden, I just used that example to show that he is a tool. But I guess everyone around here knows it anyways. So we will leave it at that.

And the reason I brought it up now is that Harmison has said that it is his one regret from the last Ashes in a recent interview.

adharcric

International Coach
honestbharani said:
ss, u really need to be an Indian who lives in India to understand what it means for normal people here when you kill a living thing. I suppose there is a bit of hypocrisy here in that u probably won't expect Kapil to feel this way if he were to kill a mosquito or an ant (they are living things too), but you hit a stroke and it kills a beautiful bird, most normal human beings will be shaken up by it.

And secondly, I have been corrected by my uncle regarding this. Being shaken up wasn't the only reason Kapil asked for some water. According to Indian tradition, you tend to take a shower to cleanse yourself of the sin if you happen to kill a living thing and it seems Kapil wanted to just pour a bottle of water over his head for that too. Anyways, AB was a major jerk that day and I still hate him for it.

And about Ponting, Nnanden, I just used that example to show that he is a tool. But I guess everyone around here knows it anyways. So we will leave it at that.

And the reason I brought it up now is that Harmison has said that it is his one regret from the last Ashes in a recent interview.
It's not even about being Indian. You'd have to be an heartless idiot not to feel anything after killing a bird like that.
Of course, we have to make an exception for SS. 8-)

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
It's not even about being Indian. You'd have to be an heartless idiot not to feel anything after killing a bird like that.
Werd.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
I endorse this comment.
You are a very cruel person. Sorry to say. Always been a fan of you as a poster, always will be, but you are a cruel person when it comes to the life of other living things.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
Bleh, I shoot birds/squirrels/deer all the time. I don't see the big deal.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
You are a very cruel person. Sorry to say. Always been a fan of you as a poster, always will be, but you are a cruel person when it comes to the life of other living things.
You don't eat meat, wear leather/fur?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
adharcric said:

On second thoughts, this thread really is ridiculous now. Last I checked there were donkeys, pigeons and cats all over the place.
Yeah, and silentstrikers shot 'em all too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
grecian said:
Yeah, and silentstrikers shot 'em all too.
If they remove the cumbersome hunting laws, I sure as hell would. Especially cats, can't stand the little bastards.

Of course I'd use my cross bow and these arrows for cats..just so I can have the satisfaction of piercing their hearts:

Last edited: